Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand opening up in November [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:59 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Just to make it clear if you already have Thai Pass approval then you can fly into BKK without any quarantine? If you do not have Thai Pass approval, then you have to fly into Phuket Sandbox and after negative PCR test you can move around in Phuket for 7 days if and then move to BKK or any other place? This is for fully vaccinated. Am I correct?
that's correct
unless they decide on 4. January otherwise. if Omicron fear mongering prevails, it is possible that they cancel further test & go entries for already issued Thai Passes...
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
For those of you with the Binax Now Ag test for return to the US, it’s an easy process but reports are inconsistent. I called this morning and was told reports issued with Eastern Us time stamp. For the report that was emailed that’s correct. However, in the NAVICA app with the QR code, it is reported with the local time and time zone. Not sure where that would be accepted. Got my negative test and heading home in about 11 hours. But first, dinnner at Na Oh, an old DL L-1011!
seigex likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by BinSabai
that's correct
unless they decide on 4. January otherwise. if Omicron fear mongering prevails, it is possible that they cancel further test & go entries for already issued Thai Passes...
Thank you. Lets hope they can control this and not have more restrictions again.
SKT-DK, BinSabai and seigex like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I am pretty sure that anyone not doing the second test would be hunted down and arrested just like the idiot guy who left his test&go hotel before the test results were in.
I asked the hotel yesterday because I feel it's pointless to get a test, where the results will likely come back after I already board my flight home, and the hotel said "we have no idea, they're new rules, we're still trying to figure it out". Today's day 6 for me, so I might get lucky that the results come back before I board, but I've been told it's 24+ hours, and I since my actual flight is midnight tomorrow night, I won't be able to use it to fly back to the US, so I'll still have to get an antigen test.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Guyin
Just went to the hospital nearby the hotel for the Day 5 PCR Test, the whole process take less than 10 minutes, fast and efficient.

Talk to the supervisor and got some information for anyone interested.

The test is free, otherwise 2400 Baht. Add another 400 Baht if you want an official report for international travel.

They took the pink slip and kept for hospital record.

A point of concern. Asked him what will happen if someone did not showed up and do the Day 5-7 test? He told me the hospital duty is to conduct the test and report to the Ministry,
as to what the Ministry is going to do with the information, he doesn't know.
Good info, thanks. Did they tell you how long it would take? As mentioned in my other reply, hotel said more than 24 hours, but they admitted they didn't know since this is all new for them.

Funny thing is if I weren't on FT, I would have no idea this was a requirement. The QR code as you check in is obscure, they don't tell you to scan it, I was provided with no other info on a day 5-7 test upon entry, and the hotel didn't tell me anything about it when I checked in. So, I'm sure there are people out there who have no clue this is required of them.
Guyin likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:03 pm

For those who need to take this test, Kluaynamthai Hospital is one of the options and is a short 10 min (1 KM) walk from the Ekkamai BTS station if you don't want to deal with grab and like to walk.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
I asked the hotel yesterday because I feel it's pointless to get a test, where the results will likely come back after I already board my flight home, and the hotel said "we have no idea, they're new rules, we're still trying to figure it out". Today's day 6 for me, so I might get lucky that the results come back before I board, but I've been told it's 24+ hours, and I since my actual flight is midnight tomorrow night, I won't be able to use it to fly back to the US, so I'll still have to get an antigen test.
Getting the test as required by the government is one thing, whether you are able to get the results in time for the upcoming flight is another thing.

Even if someone is to fly out and leave Thailand on Day 5, if the rules said that testing is required on Day 5-7, I guess it safer to go for it just to satisfy the requirements.

For those who only stay here for 4 days or less, it is not an issue.
​​​​
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:29 pm

Getting the test as required by the government is one thing, whether you are able to get the results in time for the upcoming flight is another thing.

Even if someone is to fly out and leave Thailand on Day 5, if the rules said that testing is required on Day 5-7, I guess it safer to go for it just to satisfy the requirements.

For those who only stay here for 4 days or less, it is not an issue.
​​​​
Yeah that's why I'm heading out in a couple hours to get it done. Interestingly, the paper the hotel had today (Hyatt Regency) said day 5-6, not day 5-7, but the docs on Google Drive still say 5-7.
Guyin likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
Good info, thanks. Did they tell you how long it would take? As mentioned in my other reply, hotel said more than 24 hours, but they admitted they didn't know since this is all new for them.

Funny thing is if I weren't on FT, I would have no idea this was a requirement. The QR code as you check in is obscure, they don't tell you to scan it, I was provided with no other info on a day 5-7 test upon entry, and the hotel didn't tell me anything about it when I checked in. So, I'm sure there are people out there who have no clue this is required of them.
They told me between 24 to 48 hrs.

I personally feel that it is my responsibility and initiative to research and find out rather than waiting for other people to inform me. I'm sure you must have heard this kind of statement....You never asked, I thought you know.

When things gone wrong, we are always to be blamed and victimized for someone else mistake.
SKT-DK likes this.

Last edited by Guyin; Dec 30, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:56 pm

Look at the list provided by ft101
I did say of the list "it's accuracy is already in doubt" and indeed have heard since that all the hospitals on your longer list will now do it. Take it as unconfirmed for now however.
Guyin likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
I did say of the list "it's accuracy is already in doubt" and indeed have heard since that all the hospitals on your longer list will now do it. Take it as unconfirmed for now however.
It is a win-win situation, tourist get more locations to choose and all hospital/clinics get more business.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:43 pm

btw got my test done at Kluaynamthai Hospital, was about a 10 minute wait after giving my information and the actual test took about 2 seconds. I forgot my passport at my hotel, but they were perfectly fine with me emailing a copy I had to them, and they just printed it out. I was told results would be in by the morning.

It's a pretty fast walk from the Ekkamai station to the hospital.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:46 pm

They told me between 24 to 48 hrs.

I personally feel that it is my responsibility and initiative to research and find out rather than waiting for other people to inform me. I'm sure you must have heard this kind of statement....You never asked, I thought you know.

When things gone wrong, we are always to be blamed and victimized for someone else mistake.
Agree that it's the responsibility of the person traveling, but it's very possible they had done their research, which said they had to do a day 5 ATK test at their hotel, took off not realizing the rules had changed by the time they landed, and went about their trip in violation of new rules that might carry a jail term. Not all travelers are active on FT to get a constant stream of updates. All it would have taken was for the person checking the docs at the "health stations" on arrival or at the SHA+ certified hotels, ensuring people knew the requirements. Having a random QR code taped to the podium at the station with no context doesn't really help.

Even when I asked the Hyatt Regency front desk on my arrival Sunday, their response was "we don't know, this is new, we have to find out more, maybe we will have some details for you tomorrow" .. and of course, they never got back to me.
Guyin and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:22 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Do I need to take a second PCR test on days 5-7?

Background; flew into HKT on 12/28 under original Test&Go approval and prior to the announcement about 7-10 days back. Had my PCR test upon arrival at the airport and am good to go. There was no mention to me of the need for a second test by anyone during the HKT arrival / testing process.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Do I need to take a second PCR test on days 5-7?

Background; flew into HKT on 12/28 under original Test&Go approval and prior to the announcement about 7-10 days back. Had my PCR test upon arrival at the airport and am good to go. There was no mention to me of the need for a second test by anyone during the HKT arrival / testing process.
yes you need
not the date you got the Thai Pass determines the need to get a second PCR test, but the date of entry into Thailand
it's FREE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.