Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand opening up in November [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
To be honest, the withholding of results and police story sounds a bit made up (by the staff, not you of course). What the hotel staff told us when we arrived back was that night time arrivals usually takes a while longer than day time as the labs are not operating at night.
exactly my thought!
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:45 am

Just arrived at the hotel and the nurse is already standby at the lobby. She is pro and gentle, one-two done and someone else was already standby to immediately ushered me to the room.

The dinner pack is already at the doorstep. Not just my room, the whole row on the same floor level, As what some people complained about cold food, well it is a western style food and they are usually eaten 'cold',

The arrival process at BKK is as described by seigex, smooth and organized, Flight touched down at 1700pm and by 1740 I am already on the limousine. .

The long flight, jetlag and the 19-hour layover in Singapore really pushed the physical body to the limit. Fortunately, the hot shower is a life saver.

Feeling fresh now, will sleep early and wait for the good news tomorrow morning.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Södermalm
Can you say which hospital/hotel you got the test at? Also, did they charge extra for the fast track test, and is it worth it?

I am concerned about getting a painful test on arrival in BKK (I know it probably depends mostly on the person administering it).
At the arrival, they did asked everybody to fill up a form informing that there will be another PCR test on Day 5-7.

Wherever we are, we just need to go to the nearest center and the test is free, no payment required.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Who said anything about the police?
The hotel in post #1052 (the long one).
estnet and seigex like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by ft101
The hotel in post #1052 (the long one).
Thanks I missed that sentence. So ridiculous - much more likely they simply don't run the tests 24 hours - but I think, "I don't know" is not a phrase I haven't heard often in Thailand!
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Delete - someone already answered
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
In Boston waiting for my JAL flight. My friend got totally hosed by the government. Never got a response. Applied over a month ago. CAlled a bunch of times and got nowhere. Called last week and was told his Thai Pass was denied…his card was not very legible. So he cancelled his Lufthansa first class ticket. Got an email yesterday with his approved Thai Pass! Couldn’t get his ticket reinstated so he is out. Oh well. I’ll post a report on arrival.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:10 am

My only question is for those of you who have already used the proctored Binax Now AG test within the 24 hour window. I’m trying to figure out my timing. I leave at 0100 on Friday am. When should I take the test? I have heard that the test times are stamped with UTC meaning 7 hours behind bkk. Should I take the test when I get up Thursday around 8 am so my time stamp in the results shows 12/30? Any advice would be appreciated. Was a lot easier with the T-3 Day’s as I could use my arrival test for my return to the US.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: aa
Mine is time stamped with my local time zone, CST.

Originally Posted by divrdrew
My only question is for those of you who have already used the proctored Binax Now AG test within the 24 hour window. I’m trying to figure out my timing. I leave at 0100 on Friday am. When should I take the test? I have heard that the test times are stamped with UTC meaning 7 hours behind bkk. Should I take the test when I get up Thursday around 8 am so my time stamp in the results shows 12/30? Any advice would be appreciated. Was a lot easier with the T-3 Day’s as I could use my arrival test for my return to the US.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:43 pm

Trip report

Checked in for JaL 7, BOS to NRT on Monday. Took about five minutes to check docs and off through security. Air France lounge nice with good food. Note the BA lounge is open but not till 4 pm so earlier flights use other lounges.

flight was about 10% full…8 in J, 3 in Y+, and about 10-15 in Y. Nice food and a smooth trip.

Landing in NRT they cleared local pax first, then connecting. Had heard that from US didn’t need to do transit security but we did. No biggie. Short lines and out in 10 min.

JAl Fc lounge was quite busy as all other JAL lounges in the terminal were closed. Tuna sushi was amazing!

NRT to BKk flight was PACKED FULL. on landing, I was off the plane early and got to the chairs to get paperwork in order. Had it prepared ahead of time so I was first person they let through to doc check. Whole process till then was maybe five minutes including the long walk. Be aware if you are at the back of the plane with 300 pax it will take a bit of time. Had six stations for doc checks for BKk test and go and another six for the other sandboxes. Doc check took about five minutes max.

cleared immigration in less than five minutes and I was landslide literally about 15 minutes after walking off the plane.

took a moment to find my hotel as there were six tables each with a bunch of hotels, but just ask someone. They all know where everyone is.

One word of caution - if you want to get cash from an ATM, do not use the ones in the airport unless they are from a bank. I tried one near a currency exchange and they wanted to charge me 15% transaction fees! Plus the rate sucked! Find one from a bank and it’s just a normal ATM transaction. You’ll get the interbank exchange rate and, depending on your bank, won’t pay any fees other than the one charged by the local bank. Best way to do currency exchanges overseas by far!

waited about five minutes for my car to arrive, took me straight through to the hospital drive up test, and I was in my room at the Conrad probably 70 minutes after walking off the plane.

Very well organized, everyone is super friendly, and I’m so happy to be back in Thailand again! Just waiting on test results, which the hospital said would be about four hours (that was around 12:30 am), but I hear they do t release them till 8 am so expect my results any time now. Paid for express service instead of waiting till mid afternoon.

conrad has a very nice menu for the program. Pretty extensive choices for each meal (two are included).

can’t say enough nice things about the people, the process, etc. been as painless as it could be up till now.

wishing everyone heading this way safe travels and hope your process goes as smoothly as mine has!
Guyin, SKT-DK, tai4de2 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by divrdrew; Dec 28, 2021 at 7:33 pm
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
Mine is time stamped with my local time zone, CST.
When you connected online, did they ask where you were located?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:11 pm

Flew DFW-NRT on AA and was almost refused to be checked in because check in agents and supervisors were convinced that a 7 day hotel reservation was necessary, regardless of which scheme you would be entering Thailand. Also believed that in order to enter under the Test & Go scheme, you needed a confirmation email from the embassy that your Thailand Pass would still be valid since the Test & Go scheme for new applicants is suspended. Supervisor resorted to an outdated requirement listed on Sherpa that states "Mandatory 7-day quarantine for vaccinated travelers" with a source from September that links back to before the Test & Go scheme was introduced...

Only was let through after supervisors confirmed that no one was sent back to the US who went to Thailand the few days prior, apparently without the letter and travelling under the Test & Go scheme. Before boarding DFW-NRT, agents checked all the documents again, looked like around 50% of passengers were connecting to BKK and did not see anyone with the letter or mention about it. Of course, once at NRT and with JL, no issues whatsoever.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:30 pm

Update to report

Test results came back 10:20 am and I’m sprung. Overall, very easy and well done! As painless as it could possibly be. Very impressed!
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Test results came back 10:20 am and I’m sprung. Overall, very easy and well done! As painless as it could possibly be. Very impressed!
Great to hear that everything went so smooth - that was my personal experience as well. Enjoy being back in Thailand!
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:01 pm

Tomorrow is my 5th day here and I have to go for a 2nd PCR Test.

The authority did published a list of authorized test center, hospital and clinics. In case anyone need it, here is the link.

https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php
LIH Prem likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.