Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand opening up in November [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:28 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Can I check something please. I've been to Thailand about 100 times over the last eight years for weekend breaks and holidays up to 7-10 days so I've never had to deal with this issue.

We're coming back for an extended stay in February and are applying for 60-day tourists visas (which we've never done before). I've got the one-day T&G reservation and another six nights already booked at Le Meridien Bangkok but will be travelling around after that including a stay at our friends' villa in Samui.

Do we really need to prove we have hotel reservations covering the entire stay (a) to get the tourist visa in the first place and (b) upon entry. What is people's experience with this?
you will be fine
I have entered Thailand hundreds of times during the last 25 years (and two times during pandemic) and was never ever asked for proof of accommodation....
SKT-DK, ftrichard and Sparkyfletch like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:30 am

They do ask for an address in Thailand on the immigration form you fill out when you enter the country. So in some cases it may be a natural question to ask where you are staying after your test and go night. I was asked as well on Dec 2, though I can't recall ever being asked for proof pre-pandemic, though they had gotten pedantic about filling in the address and phone number in thailand sections of that immigration form.

-David
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Can I check something please. I've been to Thailand about 100 times over the last eight years for weekend breaks and holidays up to 7-10 days so I've never had to deal with this issue.

We're coming back for an extended stay in February and are applying for 60-day tourists visas (which we've never done before). I've got the one-day T&G reservation and another six nights already booked at Le Meridien Bangkok but will be travelling around after that including a stay at our friends' villa in Samui.

Do we really need to prove we have hotel reservations covering the entire stay (a) to get the tourist visa in the first place and (b) upon entry. What is people's experience with this?
On my TEST&GO SHA+ hotel booking, they did have a required question: What is your next destination after your quarantine? The hotel emphasized that it is required by law.

I just simply answer as the next country I am flying to. No problem with my TP application
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Just landed in BKK.Very smooth operations. On arrive, first check is your Thai pass and medical PCR test. Then you go to immigration and no question was asked of me and given 30 days. Normally they ask for return flight but this time, they did not.
After customs, then there are the hotel reps who would put you in a car and send for the PCT at the hospital. It is actually a drive in and they have these tests at the Gate itself. You sit in the car and they do the test and off you go to your hotel.
Given my flight landed late at night, and there were less pax it was still impressive their organization. I wonder how it would be in day time with a lot more passengers? The roads were empty.
seigex likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by tr3k
What is the purpose of this "blue zone" program if 1 day "test and go" is available?
The test&go requires you to stay 21 days prior to arrival in eligible countries only, as I have recent travel history I wouldn't be eligible for it.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Applied for a TP, what kind of turnaround time? I read above that 5 business days might be the norm.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Applied for a TP, what kind of turnaround time? I read above that 5 business days might be the norm.
heard that turnaround time is now faster...some reported less than one day for application without QR code for vaccination...
maybe they beefed up the capacities for checking or less people applying....
Old Dec 20, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...icron-concerns

There is talk of possible test and go suspension.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...icron-concerns

There is talk of possible test and go suspension.
see new thread....as this would be the opposite of a "opening", the theme of this thread....
the end of quarantine free entry?
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Normally they ask for return flight but this time, they did not.
In 25-years, I have never been asked about a return flight at immigration.

I was asked once at check-in with United at Honolulu, but that's it.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Initial application in NOV took 6 days, reapplication a week or so ago was 8 minutes turnaround.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:40 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
heard that turnaround time is now faster...some reported less than one day for application without QR code for vaccination...
maybe they beefed up the capacities for checking or less people applying....
Originally Posted by seigex
Initial application in NOV took 6 days, reapplication a week or so ago was 8 minutes turnaround.
Thanks to both of your comments, my TP got approved - about 80hrs all up. Now I have to go read the 'end of quarantine free entry' thread
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:00 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Effective immediately Thailand ending the Thai Pass program (Test & Go only available in Phuket) according to the evening newa here! Whoever got the pass already can come through but all others it's back to a total lockdown. Not sure what's taking its place!

​​​​​​https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...andbox-entries
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Looks like only Phuket sandbox will remain in operation. If you already have a Thai Pass, you'll be able to enter, but subject to a second PCR test on Day 7 (I'm guessing this replaces the self administered antigen test on day 6).

I assume that if you have not yet received your Thai Pass, you'll be out of luck.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Effective immediately Thailand ending the Thai Pass program (Test & Go only available in Phuket) according to the evening newa here! Whoever got the pass already can come through but all others it's back to a total lockdown. Not sure what's taking its place!

​​​​​​https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...andbox-entries
details in this thread: the end of quarantine free entry? - FlyerTalk Forums

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.