Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: exp
Thailand Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)

Required Documents:

• A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Travelers under 12 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
  • A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travelers).
  • A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
  • An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Properties for day-one quarantine: https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thaila...ctedItem=1+Day

TG's "rules"/form
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...e-covid19.page

Form for health cert.
https://www.thaiairways.com/static/c...ificate_TG.jpg

Thai inbound covid insurance comparison site:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Thanks to transpac

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Would they really be implementing Draconian measures if there were truly only 943 infected in the country?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Would they really be implementing Draconian measures if there were truly only 943 infected in the country?
As the "authorities" have yet to release details ("measures") regarding the State of Emergency, it is challenging to address how "draconian" they might be?

My sense is that they want to keep people in place - after having disgorged all the foreign migrant workers - and prevent a further exodus from some areas (Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya) to other areas, which might increase the spread?

A curfew seems unlikely, a government spokeswoman just said as much, but we may not know until later today, or even tomorrow. Limits on the press, internet seems likely.

Regarding the figures, it should be noted that in the March 22 report, there were 10,925 Patients Under Investigation, with 4,353 still "under treatment in a hospital".

Last edited by transpac; Mar 24, 2020 at 11:36 pm
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:17 pm

Rumours are curfew my wife's spoke to her Mum in Pattani she said soldiers were stopping people telling them to stay very close to home .Nearest shop is about 3 kms away,
I know people get stopped for checks in this area but these stops were because of the virus and there are more soldiers around then normal.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tg911
Rumours are curfew my wife's spoke to her Mum in Pattani she said soldiers were stopping people telling them to stay very close to home .Nearest shop is about 3 kms away,
I know people get stopped for checks in this area but these stops were because of the virus and there are more soldiers around then normal.
I can see there being specific and unique restrictions based on the exact province.

In the case of the restive southern provinces, which includes Pattani, where the insurgency has been ongoing for ~ 15 years - along with a spike in violence in the past few weeks - it is easy to imagine a curfew. Which would probably be used to control the movements of insurgents?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:30 am

Curfew doesn't work with regard to the insurgents they just ignore it never has never will.
Update from Mum she lives in Mae Lan not many shops there but the army have checkpoints near the shops, You have to give money to soldiers and they buy what you need and bring it back to the check point where you are made to wait.
I know this sounds far fetched but its true cant see this working in many places not many families live in this area so fairly easy to enforce the rules regarding shopping.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 2MM
There is now a curfew in Chiang Mai - starts at 8 pm.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:32 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Funny COVID19 pics from Thailand ...

Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
deleted

Last edited by Kalboz; Mar 25, 2020 at 12:06 pm Reason: wrong thread
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tg911
Curfew doesn't work with regard to the insurgents they just ignore it never has never will.

Yes, but having a curfew means that probably only insurgents are moving about outside of the curfew?

The four restive southern provinces long had a state of emergency, I didn't even know it had been lifted.

Provincial governors have been given significant independent authority. The governor of Yala ( a southern province ) has issued orders to restrict movements into and out of that province.

I hadn't heard about any curfew in Chiang Mai. It may be "voluntary" like the one in Phuket/Patong?

No curfew in Bangkok, AFAIK, although it has been said that there will be road checkpoints entering the city - assume temp check, maybe a question or two about your destination?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by transpac
I hadn't heard about any curfew in Chiang Mai. It may be "voluntary" like the one in Phuket/Patong?

No curfew in Bangkok, AFAIK, although it has been said that there will be road checkpoints entering the city - assume temp check, maybe a question or two about your destination?
No curfew announced in yesterday's brief but wonder what today's will bring? Any alleged curfew in Chiang Mai may be voluntary as you say, a local decision or just fake news.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

111 new cases, total 1,045. 953 in hospital. 3,500 cases predicted by 30 April. All per official MoPH daily presser.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:12 am

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...-defence-chief

Let's hope it isn't night and day.Or happens at all.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by transpac
111 new cases, total 1,045. 953 in hospital. 3,500 cases predicted by 30 April. All per official MoPH daily presser.
A woefully inadequate prediction. Most other countries are seeing a doubling of cases every 3-6 days.

1,045 current confirmed cases - doubling at 6 days - would put Thailand in the vicinity of 65,000 cases by the end of April.

If the cases double every three days....look out.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

91 new cases, total running 1,136, total, 5 deceased. Spread to 52 of 77 provinces.

If the new case data is accurate, then it does appear to be leveling off. One can hope.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Transpac
Do you know if testing has increased at all or are these just still people showing up with symptoms?
If you're in-country, stay safe and thanks for the updates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.