Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: exp
Thailand Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)

Required Documents:

• A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Travelers under 12 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
  • A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travelers).
  • A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
  • An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Properties for day-one quarantine: https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thaila...ctedItem=1+Day

TG's "rules"/form
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...e-covid19.page

Form for health cert.
https://www.thaiairways.com/static/c...ificate_TG.jpg

Thai inbound covid insurance comparison site:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Thanks to transpac

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:08 pm

It's not possible to meet those requirements here.

-David
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:08 pm

Programs: EK Pleb
Post Deleted

Last edited by Oldtiger; Apr 10, 2020 at 8:50 pm
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
It's not possible to meet those requirements here.

-David

Pretty sure that's the point.

For Thais in Hawaii who wish to return home, I guess they should contact the Royal Thai Consul in Honolulu? I would imagine they can issue the required document. I don't think Thais need the COVID test, nor the $100,000 health insurance. Thais don't even need a valid passport to return home.

Yes, it does seem like the PM "indicated" that these requirements extend to all foreigners, but that is still less than clear, especially the effectivity date?

Many Americans are evacuating. NGOs here are frantically trying to get people home.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by transpac
Pretty sure that's the point.

For Thais in Hawaii who wish to return home, I guess they should contact the Royal Thai Consul in Honolulu?
There used to be something in HNL, but not anymore. Los Angeles has responsibility for Hawaii.

Have plans for Sept and Dec/Jan. We'll see what happens.

-David
Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:04 am

All these new requirements coming from various parties and still Timatic advice to airlines remains unchanged (for Thailand) since 13/3/2020.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by ft101
All these new requirements coming from various parties and still Timatic advice to airlines remains unchanged (for Thailand) since 13/3/2020.
Yes but the CAAT is the one who has put that circular out and if airlines don't follow it then it's their fault.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Hello folks,

Could you describe what situation looks like on ground in major tourist hubs in Thailand? Life is shut down or just slowed down? Are large gathering prohibited or still take place? Are foreigners leaving in masse or staying in? In short - how life has changed?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:32 pm

Post Deleted

Last edited by Oldtiger; Apr 10, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to hand it to the Kingdom of Thailand. Of all the countries I think they have done the absolute worst job managing this crisis. From initially welcoming Chinese in with open arms for the whole of Feb, to the ridiculous back and forth on regulations a week and a half ago to finally implementing rules that effectively bar even their own citizens from coming home, including numerous students studying abroad with no way of supporting themselves. This has been a master class in how not to handle a crisis.
dav662 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:15 am

Post Deleted

Last edited by Oldtiger; Apr 10, 2020 at 8:47 pm
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:48 am

Post Deleted
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
BKK Order.pdf (251.1 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by Oldtiger; Apr 10, 2020 at 8:46 pm
Old Mar 21, 2020, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 5 provinces around Bangkok (Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi and Pathumthani) are also announcing the same anti-COVID19 closures of shopping malls etc. from Mar 22 to Apr 21. Supermarkets and pharmacies remain open. Restaurants takeaway and delivery only
Old Mar 21, 2020, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
... From initially welcoming Chinese in with open arms for the whole of Feb, ..
I am not sure facts support this as mishandling:
italy suspended chinese flights in late january.. us introduced restrictions shortly after.. otoh japan just like thailand let chinese tourists in almost entire time...
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by dav662
Yes but the CAAT is the one who has put that circular out and if airlines don't follow it then it's their fault.
Almost the entire flying world has an agreement that the IATA published Timatic directory is what the airlines follow. If the CAAT want to put rules in place, that's where it needs to be (and now is), not on the CAAT's website or the back of a cigarette packet or wherever it was they published it. Considering the PM said he was changing it and the English traanslation differed from the Thai requirements I think it's fair the airlines wait on the official line.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by ft101
Almost the entire flying world has an agreement that the IATA published Timatic directory is what the airlines follow. If the CAAT want to put rules in place, that's where it needs to be (and now is), not on the CAAT's website or the back of a cigarette packet or wherever it was they published it. Considering the PM said he was changing it and the English traanslation differed from the Thai requirements I think it's fair the airlines wait on the official line.
Sorry you are mistaken on this. IATA has no status with any government regulatory Authority.
All the circulars by regulatory Authorities are published on their websites. Then it's also emailed to all airlines operating into that country. IATA has no role to play in this. The airlines inform IATA. Not the country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.