Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: exp
Thailand Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)

Required Documents:

• A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Travelers under 12 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
  • A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travelers).
  • A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
  • An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Properties for day-one quarantine: https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thaila...ctedItem=1+Day

TG's "rules"/form
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...e-covid19.page

Form for health cert.
https://www.thaiairways.com/static/c...ificate_TG.jpg

Thai inbound covid insurance comparison site:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Thanks to transpac

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2021, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sourece:
Thai Enquirer
@thaiEnquirer

Old Jul 24, 2021, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NNT- National News Bureau of Thailand

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) plans to open 53 community isolation centers with 6,013 beds, for COVID-19 patients waiting for hospital admission, by early next month.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said on Friday that the BMA is ready to open 23 such isolation centers right away, with 3,390 beds, for patients who could not enter home isolation, and intends to open at least one isolation center per district.

Meanwhile, National Health Security Office (NHSO) secretary-general Dr. Jadej Thammathach-aree said home and community isolation is a recent public health measure, designed to handle the shortage of hospital beds and influx of patients amid the daily rising caseload.
According to the NHSO, COVID-19 patients with no or only mild symptoms in Bangkok and surrounding provinces have been cared for in home isolation or community isolation since July 12th, including 2,500 patients who called the 1330 hotline of the NHSO and have not yet been assigned hospital beds.

source NNT FB

Old Jul 25, 2021, 1:15 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Perhaps it should be pointed out that is not necessarily a Thailand thing ..... many chicken plants in US and Canada have had Covid outbreaks. Other places as well I'm sure.

And I can assure you that when I was growing up under a Communist regime, the "worker's party" didn't give a damn about the workers either. Kind of like China today.
in USA and Canada there were many...in Thailand too many....nearly every day a new cluster is reported...and as it was pointed out, there was plenty of time to set up proper protection!

But I agree fully with you on your second statement; was also my experience when I worked in China
Old Jul 25, 2021, 1:40 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by BinSabai
in USA and Canada there were many...in Thailand too many....nearly every day a new cluster is reported...and as it was pointed out, there was plenty of time to set up proper protection!

But I agree fully with you on your second statement; was also my experience when I worked in China

setting up proper protection? Thailand is still much a developing world. Who is going to bear the additional cost for proper protection? The major importers(US and Europe) are not going to pay extra to get their products. There won’t be enough healthcare for the Thai public no matter who runs the government.

The best course is still going the Chinese way. Lock down hard to eliminate the virus and get on with normal life. Keep the export orders and sacrifice general international tourism(can still have Phuket Sandbox).

Thailand was not that bad last year. Its GDP dropped less than 10%.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the graph, blue is Bangkok and five neighboring provinces, green is 71 other provinces and red is the entire country

Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
setting up proper protection? Thailand is still much a developing world. Who is going to bear the additional cost for proper protection? The major importers(US and Europe) are not going to pay extra to get their products. There won’t be enough healthcare for the Thai public no matter who runs the government.

The best course is still going the Chinese way. Lock down hard to eliminate the virus and get on with normal life. Keep the export orders and sacrifice general international tourism(can still have Phuket Sandbox).

Thailand was not that bad last year. Its GDP dropped less than 10%.
a lot of stereotypes here!
it is not so expensive to set up some effective protection against Covid, rather a matter of some efforts and having the supervisors to enforce those.
don't talk the public healthcare system of Thailand into third world level
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:52 am

According to the Department of Medical Services, there are 44,560 hospital beds across Thailand
the population of Thailand is more than 60 million, so less than 1 per 1000 people.

After years of medical tourism, I am sure that foreigners should have better access to hospital beds in Bangkok. But for the general public all over Thailand, I don't think so.

Last edited by freed0m; Jul 25, 2021 at 7:24 am
Old Jul 25, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
the population of Thailand is more than 60 million, so less than 1 per 1000 people.

After years of medical tourism, I am sure that foreigners should have better access to hospital beds in Bangkok. But for the general public all over Thailand, I don't think so.
‘Think’ being the operative word….
Old Jul 25, 2021, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
‘Think’ being the operative word….
so less than 1 bed per 1000 people is not third world level, in reality?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 9:10 am

so less than 1 bed per 1000 people is not third world level, in reality?
you probably got the wrong statistic...there are at least around 160'000 hospital beds in Thailand
Old Jul 25, 2021, 9:39 am

you probably got the wrong statistic...there are at least around 160'000 hospital beds in Thailand
I saw that kind of statistics before. But I doubt that there are 160,000 beds. bed situation was bad before they reported 10,000 cases per day.

So where are the 100,000 beds?

Maybe only 44K for general public?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
The population of Thailand, not including illegal aliens, i.e., migrants, is 70-million.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
A certain Churchill quote comes to mind, mate - not worth for us to keep trying
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I saw that kind of statistics before. But I doubt that there are 160,000 beds. bed situation was bad before they reported 10,000 cases per day.

Depends on how one defines "hospital beds".
Old Jul 25, 2021, 2:55 pm

com'on....
there are close to 800 hospitals in Thailand. did you ever visit one of the larger public hospitals, not only in Bangkok?
Siriraj, Ramathipodi and Chula alone have each over 1000 beds...several regional hospitals over or towards 1000

you do not seriously claim that they have in average only 50 beds...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.