Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: exp
Thailand Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)

Required Documents:

• A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Travelers under 12 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
  • A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travelers).
  • A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
  • An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Properties for day-one quarantine: https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thaila...ctedItem=1+Day

TG's "rules"/form
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...e-covid19.page

Form for health cert.
https://www.thaiairways.com/static/c...ificate_TG.jpg

Thai inbound covid insurance comparison site:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Thanks to transpac

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by transpac
First day, 60+ YO and/or 100+ Kg vaccinations at the new Bang Sue RR station

More people will be infected with Covid in that crowd than will prevent it by being vaccinated.
Has no one in Thailand heard of social distancing?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
More people will be infected with Covid in that crowd than will prevent it by being vaccinated.
Has no one in Thailand heard of social distancing?
Everybody has, and you will find part of the answer in post 1768 above. This has nothing to do with people being ignorant.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems the real problem in Thailand is that the vaccine distribution is controlled by the CP group and another dude. To date they haven’t been able to procure enough vaccines but they are working hard to do so. It just will take a bit of time to work through the red tape.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
It seems the real problem in Thailand is that the vaccine distribution is controlled by the CP group and another dude.
insulting comment...those among us living in Thailand do not want to get involved in such discussions!
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
insulting comment...those among us living in Thailand do not want to get involved in such discussions!
I know all about the largess of 正大集团。You all are lucky to have such benevolence amongst you. Wait a few more months and the vaccines will come.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Probably because those living in Thailand are afraid of the potential ramifications of becoming involved in such a discussion.

That's what happens when one lives under a military dictatorship.

Care to comment on AZ vaccines being produced in Thailand but being exported for the cash instead of being used on those in Thailand?????
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bodies in streets stun PM

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed concern about people who died of Covid-19 after not receiving timely treatment.

He has instructed all agencies involved to overcome the problem.

"A picture like this must not be seen again. It is the responsibility of all agencies, not just the Public Health Ministry. Agencies involved must find ways to take these people to field hospitals," the prime minister said.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...treets-stun-pm

Jab crowds prompt timetable changes

The Department of Medical Services has rescheduled vaccinations for two at-risk groups at Bang Sue Grand Station after they turned up in droves yesterday and failed to observe proper social distancing.

Many decided to go home after seeing the crowd lining up for Covid-19 jabs out of concern that they would catch the virus while waiting for their shots.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...etable-changes

There is nothing to backstop this now.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 23, 2021 at 4:23 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by transpac
There is nothing to backstop this now.
I agree. They need a severe, several week lockdown NOW. That's about the only hope they have right now.

BTW, what is the web site where you find those numbers and graphics?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Daily numbers are released ~ 07:45.

I get these from Twitter, just use the first one that pops in my feed.

Can't find it now, of course. It's all in Thai so must be from some government account I follow?

Will remember to post the Twitter handle from here on out.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Here's a source in English on twitter: (you could also follow Richard Barrow)
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I agree. They need a severe, several week lockdown NOW. That's about the only hope they have right now.

BTW, what is the web site where you find those numbers and graphics?
And then do the same thing again in 4-6mo with a new variant.

Open it up, lose 0.1-0.5% of population, move on.

The world was dealt a bad hand, don’t make it worse for 100% of the population.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ouch.

Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bangkok infection rate ‘out of control’ as 1 in 5 test positive

The Rural Doctors Society (RDS) warned on Friday that the infection rate in Bangkok communities has reached 19 per cent, indicating that the outbreak is now out of control in the capital.

RDS is working with the National Health Security Office (NHSO) on active case finding in over 30 Bangkok communities that have never before been investigated by the Public Health Ministry. Eleven teams of doctors have been giving swab tests at 14 locations with a target of testing 15,000 people in total.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003670
Old Jul 23, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
And then do the same thing again in 4-6mo with a new variant.

Open it up, lose 0.1-0.5% of population, move on.

The world was dealt a bad hand, don’t make it worse for 100% of the population.
I agree with you. Would be brilliant if those outsiders telling us what to do would focus on their own part of the world. Severe lockdown? - and kill the livelihoods of more people? Who are they to say what we need.

And before anyone says otherwise, yes I am a foreigner living, working and paying my taxes in Thailand - and not afraid of the conversation, just like BinSabai, but rather offended by those who claim to know who’s controlling what and what’s best for this country while watching from afar!

Yes we need vaccines, that is a fact - but the World needs to accept having to live with this thing and not panic! Yes there are infections in the five digit range now, but how many are actually symptomatic? That’s the number the focus should be on.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I agree with you. Would be brilliant if those outsiders telling us what to do would focus on their own part of the world. Severe lockdown? - and kill the livelihoods of more people? Who are they to say what we need.

And before anyone says otherwise, yes I am a foreigner living, working and paying my taxes in Thailand - and not afraid of the conversation, just like BinSabai, but rather offended by those who claim to know who’s controlling what and what’s best for this country while watching from afar!

Yes we need vaccines, that is a fact - but the World needs to accept having to live with this thing and not panic! Yes there are infections in the five digit range now, but how many are actually symptomatic? That’s the number the focus should be on.
[deleted by moderator]

Outsider? You would be mistaken. Would you like to come over to my condo across from the Ratchathewi BTS station and discuss the issues? We could meet at my office on Ratchada, but it is unfortunately now closed.

If so, you'll need to wait until I enter through the Sandbox and am able to get back to my condo.

Since the Kingdom missed the option of vaccinating its citizens in a timely fashion, the only viable options are a lockdown to slow the spread or simply let the pandemic rage through the population and accept the deaths that occur.

While you advocate for the latter, I will note that not a single country has followed your preferred option. Perhaps they know something you don't.

[deleted by moderator]

Last edited by l etoile; Jul 23, 2021 at 7:09 pm Reason: Discuss the issues not other members

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.