Reload this Page >

passport / immigration question

Old Jan 16, 20, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, KL/AF Gold

Hi everyone,
Couldnít find a thread elsewhere about this on FT: I will travel to Thailand in March as I visit Thailand at least once a year. However, last time I left Thailand the immigration officer forgot (?) to take the departure record (the white piece of paper) from my passport, which I didnít discover until I arrived back home.
Will this be a problem at the immigration desk during my next trip in March? They do also put stamp in passports showing the departure from Thailand..
Old Jan 16, 20, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that the current procedure is that the airline collects the departure portion (of the TM6) at the gate. That's been my experience.

There should be a rectangular stamp on arrival, and a triangular stamp, in close proximity to the arrival stamp, upon departure.

Not seeing an issue here, unless you've withheld other relevant information.

More detail is always helpful, rather than less, in diagnosing potential problems.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by transpac View Post
I think that the current procedure is that the airline collects the departure portion (of the TM6) at the gate. That's been my experience.

There should be a rectangular stamp on arrival, and a triangular stamp, in close proximity to the arrival stamp, upon departure.

I always received both triangular and rectangular stamps and last trip was the same. Only difference is the piece of paper that I still have and which in my experience is collected by the immigration officer upon departure.

Last edited by Great_circle; Jan 16, 20 at 5:52 am
Old Jan 16, 20, 5:52 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
No problem whatsoever, based upon the information provided in the OP.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 6:43 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold
I was there twice last month. It was the immigration who collected the departure card. As long as you have the departure stamp it won't be a problem. Actually the departure cards are more for legal requirements.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by transpac View Post
Really? Mine is always collected by the exit immigration officer including when I exited BKK a week ago.

-David
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jan 23, 20, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dav662 View Post
It was the immigration who collected the departure card. .
That is how I remember it indeed

Originally Posted by dav662 View Post
As long as you have the departure stamp it won't be a problem.

There is a departure stamp from that particular departure present in my passport.

I even have the digital boarding pass from that day on my Iphone.

Also, I should perhaps bring the departure card in question with me, just in case.

Last edited by Great_circle; Jan 23, 20 at 5:45 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 23, 20, 8:48 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Great_circle View Post
That is how I remember it indeed

There is a departure stamp from that particular departure present in my passport.

I even have the digital boarding pass from that day on my Iphone.

Also, I should perhaps bring the departure card in question with me, just in case.

Yes it shouldn't be a problem but bring those just in case something pops up. It's the scanning of the passport that's the entry of arrival and departure and not the cards.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Feb 6, 20, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for all input, I passed immigration without any issues.
Also, it was nice that the Priority Lane cards have been discontinued and a boarding pass (first or business) is sufficient for fast track.
Old Feb 7, 20, 1:39 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Great_circle View Post
Thanks everyone for all input, I passed immigration without any issues.
Also, it was nice that the Priority Lane cards have been discontinued and a boarding pass (first or business) is sufficient for fast track.
$40 buys you priority lane access when purchasing through a certain limousine service company, regardless of the cabin in which one is traveling.
Old Feb 8, 20, 11:21 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, EVA Infinity Mileage Lands, Alaska mileage plan
I think you will find they changed the rules. No economy class pass can get fast track anymore (unless they forget to check boarding pass) even if they are using a fast track service or a limo company that has fast track service.
Old Feb 9, 20, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by CharlieA View Post
I think you will find they changed the rules. No economy class pass can get fast track anymore (unless they forget to check boarding pass) even if they are using a fast track service or a limo company that has fast track service.
You can still purchase fastrack when flying economy as mentioned above i used the same company about 1 month ago with no issues .
Old Feb 9, 20, 12:55 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by CharlieA View Post
Some airlines always gave the fast track passes to elite passengers flying in coach, like SkyTeam Elite Plus on KE. Has that gone away, too? Or will the fact the BP clearly shows the status be enough?
Old Feb 9, 20, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl View Post
Some airlines always gave the fast track passes to elite passengers flying in coach, like SkyTeam Elite Plus on KE. Has that gone away, too? Or will the fact the BP clearly shows the status be enough?
There are no passes nowadays, it's the boarding pass for a premium cabin that counts. I haven't seen any recent reports of status giving fast track entitlement.
Old Feb 9, 20, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl View Post
There are no paper passes - at all. Boarding pass needs to show J or F cabin, not elite status.

If you want fast track access, and you are not flying in J or F, you'll need to buy it.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Feb 9, 20 at 6:46 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: