FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   passport / immigration question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2004608-passport-immigration-question.html)

Great_circle Jan 16, 2020 3:57 am

passport / immigration question

Hi everyone,
Couldn’t find a thread elsewhere about this on FT: I will travel to Thailand in March as I visit Thailand at least once a year. However, last time I left Thailand the immigration officer forgot (?) to take the departure record (the white piece of paper) from my passport, which I didn’t discover until I arrived back home.
Will this be a problem at the immigration desk during my next trip in March? They do also put stamp in passports showing the departure from Thailand..

transpac Jan 16, 2020 4:43 am

I think that the current procedure is that the airline collects the departure portion (of the TM6) at the gate. That's been my experience.

There should be a rectangular stamp on arrival, and a triangular stamp, in close proximity to the arrival stamp, upon departure.

Not seeing an issue here, unless you've withheld other relevant information.

More detail is always helpful, rather than less, in diagnosing potential problems.

Great_circle Jan 16, 2020 5:31 am

Originally Posted by transpac (Post 31957029)
I think that the current procedure is that the airline collects the departure portion (of the TM6) at the gate. That's been my experience.

There should be a rectangular stamp on arrival, and a triangular stamp, in close proximity to the arrival stamp, upon departure.

I always received both triangular and rectangular stamps and last trip was the same. Only difference is the piece of paper that I still have and which in my experience is collected by the immigration officer upon departure.

Diplomatico Jan 16, 2020 5:52 am

No problem whatsoever, based upon the information provided in the OP.

Davvidd Jan 16, 2020 6:43 am

I was there twice last month. It was the immigration who collected the departure card. As long as you have the departure stamp it won't be a problem. Actually the departure cards are more for legal requirements.

LIH Prem Jan 16, 2020 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by transpac (Post 31957029)

Really? Mine is always collected by the exit immigration officer including when I exited BKK a week ago.

-David

Great_circle Jan 23, 2020 5:40 am

Originally Posted by dav662 (Post 31957385)
It was the immigration who collected the departure card. .

That is how I remember it indeed

Originally Posted by dav662 (Post 31957385)
As long as you have the departure stamp it won't be a problem.

There is a departure stamp from that particular departure present in my passport.

I even have the digital boarding pass from that day on my Iphone.

Also, I should perhaps bring the departure card in question with me, just in case.

Davvidd Jan 23, 2020 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Great_circle (Post 31984823)
That is how I remember it indeed

There is a departure stamp from that particular departure present in my passport.

I even have the digital boarding pass from that day on my Iphone.

Also, I should perhaps bring the departure card in question with me, just in case.

Yes it shouldn't be a problem but bring those just in case something pops up. It's the scanning of the passport that's the entry of arrival and departure and not the cards.

Great_circle Feb 6, 2020 8:43 pm

Thanks everyone for all input, I passed immigration without any issues.
Also, it was nice that the Priority Lane cards have been discontinued and a boarding pass (first or business) is sufficient for fast track.

Diplomatico Feb 7, 2020 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Great_circle (Post 32042345)
Thanks everyone for all input, I passed immigration without any issues.
Also, it was nice that the Priority Lane cards have been discontinued and a boarding pass (first or business) is sufficient for fast track.

$40 buys you priority lane access when purchasing through a certain limousine service company, regardless of the cabin in which one is traveling.

CharlieA Feb 8, 2020 11:21 pm

I think you will find they changed the rules. No economy class pass can get fast track anymore (unless they forget to check boarding pass) even if they are using a fast track service or a limo company that has fast track service.

tg911 Feb 9, 2020 12:27 am

Originally Posted by CharlieA (Post 32049938)
I think you will find they changed the rules. No economy class pass can get fast track anymore (unless they forget to check boarding pass) even if they are using a fast track service or a limo company that has fast track service.

You can still purchase fastrack when flying economy as mentioned above i used the same company about 1 month ago with no issues .

CJKatl Feb 9, 2020 12:55 am

Originally Posted by CharlieA (Post 32049938)

Some airlines always gave the fast track passes to elite passengers flying in coach, like SkyTeam Elite Plus on KE. Has that gone away, too? Or will the fact the BP clearly shows the status be enough?

ft101 Feb 9, 2020 2:27 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 32050074)
Some airlines always gave the fast track passes to elite passengers flying in coach, like SkyTeam Elite Plus on KE. Has that gone away, too? Or will the fact the BP clearly shows the status be enough?

There are no passes nowadays, it's the boarding pass for a premium cabin that counts. I haven't seen any recent reports of status giving fast track entitlement.

Diplomatico Feb 9, 2020 6:39 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 32050074)

There are no paper passes - at all. Boarding pass needs to show J or F cabin, not elite status.

If you want fast track access, and you are not flying in J or F, you'll need to buy it.