Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Which airport in Bangkok is better to fly into?

Old Oct 3, 19, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Hey which airport in Bangkok is better to fly into? Also, is either of them better for traveling to Krabbi or Phucket or Pattaya? Thanks
Old Oct 3, 19, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From where?

Price/schedule?

BKK
Dentist
Proctologist
DMK
Old Oct 3, 19, 8:52 pm

Programs: QF WP
Indeed, define better

i suppose where you are heading in Bangkok comes into it as well

i think both have similar domestic connections (although iíve not flown out of DMK since it reopened)
Old Oct 3, 19, 10:36 pm

Programs: Build a RoboCop Statue in Detroit
Depending upon your origin and class of flight, you may not have an option. All business class flights go to BKK as DMK is the LCC hub.
If connecting from an international flight, you will most likely need to fly through BKK. If you are cost sensitive then, DMK is the airport for you to visit krabi and phuket.
Just be aware that there are fees on Air Asia and the others for bags and seat selection.
I often use DMK for my short hops around the country as I either am on Thai Smile or Air Asia. Utapao is closer to Pattaya than either DMK or BKK and you may find the bus connection from BKK to pattaya easier.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 7, 19, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS - MVP Gold, Bonvoy - Silver, Star Citizen - Concierge
Originally Posted by pjacqueimo View Post
Hey which airport in Bangkok is better to fly into? Also, is either of them better for traveling to Krabbi or Phucket or Pattaya? Thanks
BKK is by far nicer in my opinion and has airport rail link to get into Bangkok easier. It is also has a bus to Pattaya (though as mentioned UTP is closer). If you are flying to Krabi or Phuket it depends on the airline (I prefer Bangkok Airways for local flights and they use BKK)
Old Oct 8, 19, 11:57 am

Programs: UA DL HH
I fly to Phuket from both airports. Depends who has the cheapest flights. Sometimes is Thai and BKK and sometimes is NokAir and DMK.
As for flying into BKK. I found it to be a nightmare arriving at DMK any time of the day from any international destination.
I haven't had that problem arriving at BKK. Sometimes arriving around 10pm can get you stuck at immigration lines for 2 hours. (DMK was 3 hours arriving at 3pm).
Old Oct 9, 19, 10:00 am

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards
Usual hit-and-run post, without the info needed to give better responses. Noted the OP hasn't chimed in again.

Hey which airport in Bangkok is better to fly into?
For what purposes? Staying in Bangkok, and transfers to local hotel etc? or to transit?

Also, is either of them better for traveling to Krabbi or Phucket or Pattaya?
Spelling aside, again more information needed. What arriving airline/flight/time is a must to be able to give relevant information.

There are plenty of FT'ers around to provide useful information - but give us your details first please.
Old Oct 9, 19, 7:29 pm

This OP starts posts by cutting and pasting. OP is not interested in your answers and does not reply.

seavisionburma and bwiadca like this.

Last edited by northsideguy; Dec 13, 19 at 9:59 pm
Old Oct 11, 19, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier 50K elite, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I give BKK an edge on facilities because of the ARL and more capacity for immigration (though you could still get a hefty delay there).
Old Oct 11, 19, 7:22 am

OP, if you're still there...skip Bangkok. Fly directly into Phuket. Then fly to U-Tapao.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: