Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Another BKK connection time question (and can I interline?)

Old Oct 1, 19, 9:45 am
Original Poster

I'm flying on PG928 from PNH to BKK on Thursday. My flight arrives at 9:30 a.m., and I will have luggage but am from a visa exempt country. My next flight (separate PNRs) is EVA 67 and it leaves at 12:50 p.m. My PG flight is in coach and my EVA flight is in business. I believe that PG will not interline my bag...is that correct? They seemed to have tightened up all of their rules.

So should I be worried about this itinerary? I have one of the old passes to use the VIP line at Thailand immigration...are those still accepted? Is it worth trying?

Last edited by giblet; Oct 1, 19 at 10:22 am
Old Oct 1, 19, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Separate tickets/PNRs?
Old Oct 1, 19, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
On separate tickets there will be no interlining. You'll have to go landside reclaim, and recheck. You should have enough time, but understand the risks of separate tickets. If you miss your Eva flight you'll probably have to buy a new ticket.
Old Oct 1, 19, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Separate tickets/PNRs?
Yes, sorry I've just added that to the post.
Old Oct 1, 19, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
On separate tickets there will be no interlining. You'll have to go landside reclaim, and recheck. You should have enough time, but understand the risks of separate tickets. If you miss your Eva flight you'll probably have to buy a new ticket.
I do understand the risks of separate tickets, but flying some routes it's nearly unavoidable. Do you have any advice specific to this BKK connection?
Old Oct 1, 19, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
I've been through BKK in 20 minutes from arrival and I've needed over two hours as well. It really is hard to say. If your flight is on time you should be ok, that's the best I can say.
Old Oct 1, 19, 10:24 am
Original Poster

I just checked and my next flight actually leaves at 12:50pm, so I will have 3 hours and 20 minutes. I think even with a 40 minute delay I should be okay.

The question really is if they will accept the old VIP passes which will speed me through immigration. dsquared37 are you out there? Otherwise, it might be worth paying for the fast track service if they still do that.
Old Oct 2, 19, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by giblet View Post
I just checked and my next flight actually leaves at 12:50pm, so I will have 3 hours and 20 minutes. I think even with a 40 minute delay I should be okay.

The question really is if they will accept the old VIP passes which will speed me through immigration. dsquared37 are you out there? Otherwise, it might be worth paying for the fast track service if they still do that.
3 hours 20 until your next flight departs, but only 2 hours 20 minutes until you must drop your bags off so not quite as comfortable as it sounds.

Fast track passes are no more so no help there.
Old Oct 2, 19, 6:55 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Ask nicely at PNH for your bags to be checked through to final destination - maybe the checkin agent is in a good mood and will do it for you. Worth a try, but be prepared to enter Thailand and pick-up the bags at the luggage belts. Anyway, there should be plenty of time to do it and for late morning I would expect no/few lines at immigration.
Old Oct 2, 19, 11:35 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold
Is it a codeshare flight with PG and BR that you are flying from PNH to BKK?
Old Oct 2, 19, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Reader, you will not believe it, but they did interline my baggage and I was able to check my bag through to LHR at PNH, even though my tickets were different PNRs with no codesharing. Additionally, they gave me priority boarding on my PNH-BKK flight, although that leg of my flight was in economy.
Old Oct 9, 19, 8:32 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
You see I told you; some times you get positively surprised - I'm happy to hear that it worked out for you - it definitely saved you from a lot of hassle at BKK.
Old Oct 9, 19, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by giblet View Post
Reader, you will not believe it, but they did interline my baggage and I was able to check my bag through to LHR at PNH, even though my tickets were different PNRs with no codesharing. Additionally, they gave me priority boarding on my PNH-BKK flight, although that leg of my flight was in economy.

I think this is the one exception, see example #4 , so both believable and not at all surprising.

The scenario below, illustrate the exemption of separate ticket policy for Airlines under agreement with Bangkok Airways.
- Passenger must request for through check-in upon check-in at the airport as well as providing detail of the second ticket.

https://www.bangkokair.com/pages/view/separate-ticket

EVA (BR) is listed at #19

Search this Thread
Search Engine: