Wiki Posts
Search

2 adults and 3 kids in a room Bangkok and Pattaya

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
2 adults and 3 kids in a room Bangkok and Pattaya

Hi first time vacation for the entire family, planning to do 4 nights in Bangkok and 4 nights in Pattaya. Need recommendation for hotels at both places. We would prefer to be in a single room as 2 of our kids are aged 3 and 4 and would like to be in the same room. Any hotels which would allow us all in a single room?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
A couple questions: The answers can help us best recommend the right hotels.
  • What price range on the hotels?
  • Are you looking for someplace convenient to touristy sites and transportation, which ould seem to be the case, or do you need to be near something specific? Would you prefer to be on the river, with its sweeping views or close to the BTS which would make it easier for your family to get around?
  • Curious: Why Pattaya with kids? I have seen people do it and know people who have done it, but there may be some better options for a relaxing or family vacation with kids.
In Bangkok, you might want to consider one of the Marriott Executive Apartments, which can give you space, rooms with doors and the convenience of having a kitchen. Many of the hotels also have family rooms but prices can vary. A family room at the CY isn't very expensive, it's a good location and pretty nice. On the other end, the Siam has some large suites which could easily accommodate your family but are quite pricey.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJKatl
A couple questions: The answers can help us best recommend the right hotels.
  • What price range on the hotels? In Bangkok around 3000 bhat per day in Pattaya 5000 bhat per day
  • Are you looking for someplace convenient to touristy sites and transportation, which ould seem to be the case, or do you need to be near something specific? Would you prefer to be on the river, with its sweeping views or close to the BTS which would make it easier for your family to get around? Been to Bangkok earlier but never stayed near the river side. We plan to do safari world one day and one day at Siam paragon with sea world and some other attractions. We would be having 2 more days free. Open to suggestions on the stay in Bangkok.
  • Curious: Why Pattaya with kids? I have seen people do it and know people who have done it, but there may be some better options for a relaxing or family vacation with kids. Pattaya seemed easily accessible we stayed at hua hin a couple of years ago. Intention is to take a family resort and not get out of it for 4 days. Open to any other place within driving distance of 2 -3 hours.
In Bangkok, you might want to consider one of the Marriott Executive Apartments, which can give you space, rooms with doors and the convenience of having a kitchen. Many of the hotels also have family rooms but prices can vary. A family room at the CY isn't very expensive, it's a good location and pretty nice. On the other end, the Siam has some large suites which could easily accommodate your family but are quite pricey. Will check it out. Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:26 pm

Do some research. Pattaya is crawling with prostitutes and not a family destination. Go for Hua Hin. For BKK I prefer riverside with kids. Chatrium riverside is good and good value. Sheraton Royal Orchid is a step up but not sure if rooms accommodate 4 - check with hotel directly. If you can score a good deal on the Shangri La even better.
MSPeconomist and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Re: OP. Putting 5 in a room is the kind of thing associated, fairly or not, with a lot of Indian visitors. So some places may be guarding against it. But that's at the low end, so if you get some suite from an international brand then it might be different (2+2+rollaway, perhaps).

With Pattaya it might be semi-possible to do a family trip if you stay around Wong Amat or Jomtien and skip the night on Walking Street, concentrating on the touristy day activities. Pattaya is slowly changing and a lot of beer bars are being turfed out by other development, but it's still hard to go for a few days without running into something awkward, especially if you go to the central area at night.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: most of them
Bangkok has many serviced apartment type options which would seem ideal for you. You get a lot more space plus your own kitchen and frequently a washing machine which may or may not be handy to have in your situation.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by erik123
Do some research. Pattaya is crawling with prostitutes and not a family destination. Go for Hua Hin. For BKK I prefer riverside with kids. Chatrium riverside is good and good value. Sheraton Royal Orchid is a step up but not sure if rooms accommodate 4 - check with hotel directly. If you can score a good deal on the Shangri La even better.
+ 1. Wouldn't go to Pattaya if travelling with younger kids. Hua Hin as suggested or would even recommend taking a short hop flight to Koh Samui.

As for accommodation - look for 2/3 bed serviced apartments. Marriott as suggested by one poster is a decent option..
MSPeconomist and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Pattaya with kids...
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:59 am
Original Poster

After doing some research we are intending to book grand Centre point Pattaya. The hotel is fairly new and hence little about it online but from what I read they have good family reviews. Anyone has any experience of this property.

I am seeing very mixed reviews of Citadines Sukhumvit soi 8 online. Happy to hear from someone on this property also. Seems a little run down but the location is great.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:32 pm

Both look like dumps and you can do much better. $100 can easily get you a nice two bedroom apartment hotel not far from the river. not sure why you need to go to Pattaya - but if you do pick a better hotel.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Pattaya with kids...
You see people trying it, though not so many, thankfully. Most look European. Maybe they read the official materials about how the place is great for families and also found the hotels to be a good bit cheaper than Samui or Phuket. "Eureka! There's our beach stop!"
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
After doing some research we are intending to book grand Centre point Pattaya. The hotel is fairly new and hence little about it online but from what I read they have good family reviews. Anyone has any experience of this property.

I am seeing very mixed reviews of Citadines Sukhumvit soi 8 online. Happy to hear from someone on this property also. Seems a little run down but the location is great.
Location is indeed a real plus for the soi 8 places. For years I paid $20-30 at the Royal Asia Lodge in the same group of places, and they also have the Royal Asia Paradise with suites at $50-ish. Lots of deferred maintenance, though, so it requires an ability to overlook small things (which comes in handy all over Asia if you want to pay as little as I try to do). Hotels really age quickly in Asia, but OTOH the price gap can be really significant between the international chains and the independents.

I think the Skytrain/MRT have been such game-changers that access for those beats being on the river unless you have your heart set on staying someplace like the Peninsula or Oriental. The river taxis are a lot more tourist-friendly than they used to be and there are other options as well, so the river-adventure part is pretty do-able out of Saphan Taksin (the Skytrain stop by there).
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks all we have proceeded to book the soi 8 property in Bangkok.

However for Pattaya we would like to get some inputs given the discussion here planning to spend a little bit more and trying to book one of the below properties please suggest on the same. We are staying for 4 nights and need breakfast inclusive.

Pullman G - basic King room accommodates 5 but would be a tight fit. Approx usd 550
Pullman G - family suite should easily accommodate all of us. approx usd 880

Amari Pattaya - Family king room with bunk bed, easily accommodating us usd 981 non refundable usd 1150 refundable

Dusit Thani - one bedroom suite king usd 928 refundable however the website says maximum occupancy of 4 people not sure if they will have an issue with a 3rd child.

While I appreciate the warning given by others I have been to Pattaya before and prefer the vibe and city more than hua hin

we are tilting towards the Amari property since I do not want to risk having issues with dusit with third child.

any inputs are highly appreciated.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I saw the thread title about kids in Pattaya, it reminded me of some not very good movie--it might have been called Taken--about a family taking a vacation in Thailand and the young daughter is kidnapped by sex traffickers (IIRC on a motorbike) and made into a sex slave. The whole think happened very quickly at some rather innocuous looking tourist souvenir shop with outside displays while the parents were distracted for just a second.

I agree with the other posts above that this is not a good or appropriate place for a family vacation.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Thanks all we have proceeded to book the soi 8 property in Bangkok.

However for Pattaya we would like to get some inputs given the discussion here planning to spend a little bit more and trying to book one of the below properties please suggest on the same. We are staying for 4 nights and need breakfast inclusive.

Pullman G - basic King room accommodates 5 but would be a tight fit. Approx usd 550
Pullman G - family suite should easily accommodate all of us. approx usd 880

Amari Pattaya - Family king room with bunk bed, easily accommodating us usd 981 non refundable usd 1150 refundable

Dusit Thani - one bedroom suite king usd 928 refundable however the website says maximum occupancy of 4 people not sure if they will have an issue with a 3rd child.

While I appreciate the warning given by others I have been to Pattaya before and prefer the vibe and city more than hua hin

we are tilting towards the Amari property since I do not want to risk having issues with dusit with third child.

any inputs are highly appreciated.
OP for the Life of me I cant understand why you started this thread!! Ive read opins from most folks against what you want to do and where to stay and bingo although you were told the hotel in BKK was dumpy you booked it anyway cause you wanted to,. Thats OK but it seems you arent in the least way open to anything that runs against what you wanted to do from the start, so why start this thread?
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.