Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Krabi: For those who have been

Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

How many days would you recommend to bin Krabi as I'd like to be able to see all these places:

Railay beach
Phra Nang Beach
Phi Phi Don and Phi Phi Leh
Khao Khanab Nam Mountains

Also, any other places you suggests?

Finally, any other tips/pointers as it is always good to learn from those who have been there before.

Last edited by pjacqueimo; Aug 9, 2019 at 6:03 pm
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:23 am

Technically you could see all that stuff in one busy day, but you need to decide for yourself how long you wish to stay at each place. Are you hoping to swim at each beach? Drink a coconut and people watch for an hour at each place? Is it important for you to spend the night near some of those places?

Last edited by CrazyInteg; Aug 12, 2019 at 7:24 am
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Just wondering what would be reasonable without being too rushed. That and not knowing how good road and transportation is in that part of the world it be good to here from people's past experiences.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:50 am

Never been here, but this looks interesting : Tha Pom Klong Song Nam

I did a mangrove path before and I thought it was neat.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
If it's high season expect a steady stream of tour groups to Hat Railey or either of the Phi Phi islands. Am so glad I got to 'em in 1998 and 1995, respectively. I hiked to the Phi Phi viewpoint and was a bit disappointed that there was one visible building amid the palm trees between the beaches, but that's nothing like today.

Countermeasures include chartering a boat and going before 9 or after 3, or trying your luck with a lower season (though seas get rougher and there's no guarantee services at some times will run).
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
What is the best beach with white sand and clear waters to swim around? Also are there an resorts around these kind of beaches without going a long way? I plan to go very soon and any advice would be most appreciated.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
How do you get from Krabi Airport? I have booked the Holiday Inn resorts at Ao Nang. Then hotel is offering about 1000 baht one way.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by dav662
How do you get from Krabi Airport? I have booked the Holiday Inn resorts at Ao Nang. Then hotel is offering about 1000 baht one way.
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Ao_Nang

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.