Reload this Page >

Fingerprinted upon arrival at BKK

Fingerprinted upon arrival at BKK

Old Jul 31, 19, 1:28 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
No real answer on this other than to say I've read other reports of a sample being enough after the first go through, but a mate I was with last night has left and entered 3 times in the last few weeks and had a full set taken each time.
Thailand will frustrate anyone seeking rhyme or reason.
RoamingGeek likes this.
Old Aug 3, 19, 1:12 pm

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards
Departed a few days ago back to Yangon.
Full set of prints this time (4 left, 4 right, 2 thumbs)
All good
Quick and easy
Old Sep 8, 19, 11:20 am
Hvr

Programs: QC WP/OWE, LTG:
I went through immigration on 02 Sept and was only required to do my four right fingers this time.

Have previously done the full set so hopefully it will continue to be quick for future entry to the Kingdom of Thailand.
Old Nov 8, 19, 5:57 pm

Programs: QR, AC, EVA, UL and PAL
On the 27th of October in the morning there was absolute chaos at BKK departure immigration. I really do not what happened as I noticed that the immigration queue has been stopped at the security screening upstairs.
It took a fair bit of time to get down the escalators to ground floor where the immigration counters were. They then opened the partition between the fast track and the normal route. I also found that they were not using the finger print machine at all. It was all manual and the just stamped the passport. So I am guessing that something wrong must have gone with the system. I am sure some passengers may have missed their flights as it took an hour to get through immigration from the security screening.

Search this Thread