Seniors/Families Lanes at DMK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)

When I passed through Suvarnabhumi recently I used the dedicated Seniors/Families Immigration lane for both Arrivals & Departures. Is there such a facility for International passengers at Don Meuang? Last time I passed through that airport was in 2015 arriving on Air Asia and it was a total clusterf***
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:21 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Originally Posted by RTWFF
When I passed through Suvarnabhumi recently I used the dedicated Seniors/Families Immigration lane for both Arrivals & Departures. Is there such a facility for International passengers at Don Meuang? Last time I passed through that airport was in 2015 arriving on Air Asia and it was a total clusterf***
Sorry for late response. There was a priority lane at DMK International terminal in June, 2019 for >70 years, maybe families. APEC Biz card also allowed. I don't remember exactly where it was, except kinda in the middle (?)
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by rjh
Sorry for late response. There was a priority lane at DMK International terminal in June, 2019 for >70 years, maybe families. APEC Biz card also allowed. I don't remember exactly where it was, except kinda in the middle (?)
That fits with my recollection. However the priority lane queues were being ignored completely by the Immigration staff who simply moved people around according to which queue was shortest; a friend of mine in the so-called "priority" APEC Biz line took over and hour because of the large number of Chinese tourists who were shuffled in front of her
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Were they shuffled or they just broke the queue? My experience at DMK has been that the Chinese groups send one or two people to stand in the queue while the rest go and fill in their forms and then come back and take their places by breaking the queue.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:34 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Immigration handling at DMK can be, uh, fluid. Outbound Immigration priority "qualification" was seemingly enforced on this observation. Inbound also a few days earlier, with APEC Biz Card being allowed priority. I actually didn't see the separate queue for Chinese visitors I've seen in the past, as I recall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.