Search

Transit in BKK

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat
Transit in BKK

Hi.

I am looking to book a flight with Kuwait airways to Bangkok KU413 arriving in Bangkok at 19.00. The following flight booked separately with Philippines airlines leaving about 7 hours later at 01.30 PR0741 and then onwards to Melbourne. It will be hand luggage only and I’ll hopefully check in online and get my boarding pass so my question is, can I stay airside in BKK and not clear immigration and wait for my next flight, or do I HAVE to clear security and check in at the Philippine airlines counter.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
With only hand luggage you should have no problem using the international transfer area. It's open/visible, well marked and usually pretty empty. You go through the security and up an escalator, that's it. I have used it a few times and always laugh to myself as I ride the elevator up that the elevator ride is usually the longest part of the process.

All the international concourses are accessible to one another withouth having to leave the secure area.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
With only hand luggage you should have no problem using the international transfer area. It's open/visible, well marked and usually pretty empty. You go through the security and up an escalator, that's it. I have used it a few times and always laugh to myself as I ride the elevator up that the elevator ride is usually the longest part of the process.

All the international concourses are accessible to one another withouth having to leave the secure area.
���� Ya I have noticed the extremely long escalator rides at BKK..

Thanks for the info about BKK transit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.