Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Lounge BKK

Closed Thread

Old Mar 19, 19, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,
Not flying out of BKK until Jan 2020 (yes, that's correct!) but just noticed that Turkish Airlines seems to now have their own lounge.

1) As a business ticket holder (J) on a TK ticket, does this allow me access only to this new lounge?
2) Has anyone experienced it? We will have approx. 5 hours to kill in the lounge, so if there's one higher recommended, we will certainly go for that.

Many thanks.
Old Mar 19, 19, 4:02 pm
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
1. Yes, you can access the other Star Alliance lounges in Bangkok on a TK J ticket.
2. Not me
Old Mar 19, 19, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
OP is cross-posting ... same question in this thread What lounge does TK use in BKK?
Old Mar 19, 19, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
1. Yes, you can access the other Star Alliance lounges in Bangkok on a TK J ticket.
2. Not me
Excellent, thanks. The EVA lounge seems to be the best rated... we'll see what is most convenient (closest to the gate) upon our arrival.

We always book our XMas holidays this time of year, gives us something to look forward to. Can't wait!
clubeurope likes this.
Old Mar 19, 19, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
On a recent stop at BKK, I sampled the EVA, TG, and Singapore lounges. I thought that Singapore was the clear winner in all categories. EVA had fun decor and decent food. TG lounges have gotten some renovation and their multiple locations are a bonus. But the Singapore lounge food offerings and the full service (no charge) bar is great. I have photos I can share if folks want to see.
I have not tried the Turkish lounge. When I was there (about 2pm), it was not open. I suspect that they open it only around departure time of their own flights.
One last note: I was able to visit all three lounges on a cheap-o economy ticket because I'm 'Star Gold' - which is one of the best travel perks.