Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

When will the burn start this year in Northern Thailand?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will the burn start this year in Northern Thailand?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
How is the current situation in BKK? Improved since a couple of weeks ago? Expecting to arrive next weekend and would like to avoid using mask when outside.

You can check here: https://aqicn.org/city/bangkok/

Don't look at Chiang Mai.

In the parts of Bangkok where I live/visit it has been unseasonably cool, clear, breezy, smog-free the last two days, but the situation can be highly variable, and various "government authorities" had been forecasting a return of very bad smog/haze.

No way to know what it might be like in one day, let alone one week. Bring masks to be safe, then use them or not. Up to you.

Last edited by transpac; Feb 15, 2019 at 4:55 pm
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chiang Mai air pollution worst in the world

Forest fires have sent air quality in nine provinces to a level considered harmful to people's health, as cities in the North like Chiang Mai registered air quality that was among the world's worst.

The air quality index (AQI) in Chiang Mai as of 4am Tuesday stood at 230, compared with 170 in the Bangladesh capital Dhaka and 164 in Kabul, Afghanistan, according to Air Visual, an app that monitors air quality.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...t-in-the-world

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.