Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Best Island to Visit Late November

Old Nov 28, 18, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking at a trip to Thailand late November 2019 (I know super early, but good award bookings) -- definitely will be going to Bangkok and Chiangmai, but also would like to throw in an island/beachy destination. I know November is rainy season for a lot of the islands, like Ko Samui, even Phuket seems iffy. I'm considering maybe Krabi? If anyone has any suggestions for a nice beach destination with good weather I'd really appreciate it!
Old Nov 28, 18, 3:27 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
We often go to Khao Lak which is just north of Phuket. It's laid back but has some good hotels and is a relaxing resort.
jbeans likes this.
Old Nov 28, 18, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by jbeans View Post
I'm looking at a trip to Thailand late November 2019 (I know super early, but good award bookings) -- definitely will be going to Bangkok and Chiangmai, but also would like to throw in an island/beachy destination. I know November is rainy season for a lot of the islands, like Ko Samui, even Phuket seems iffy. I'm considering maybe Krabi? If anyone has any suggestions for a nice beach destination with good weather I'd really appreciate it!
How long will you be going for?
Old Nov 28, 18, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post
How long will you be going for?
All in probably 9 or 10 days. I'm thinking 2 or 3 days in Bangkok, then 3 or 4 days in Chiangmai, and the rest at a beachy place.
Old Jan 15, 19, 8:41 pm

I just did 10 days in the South of Thailand in late October to early November 2018. Island hopped around the Andaman Sea; Koh Lipe, Koh Adang, and Koh Mook. However, you could easily spend a week just on Koh Lipe. The water in the Andaman Sea is so much clearer than in the Gulf of Thailand. The wet season officially ends around mid-October on the Andaman side too, so by November, it's just clear blue skies.
Old Jan 15, 19, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ko Lipe is indeed beautiful but one needs to understand that these islands, southernmost Thai islands are challenging to reach. Leaving Bangkok quite early, one usually reaches Ko Lipe ~ 3:00 PM (1:00 PM is possible), using a flight to HDY, ground transpo to Pakbara pier, speedboat to island. For a week's stay, no biggie but with limited time be aware that you'll use up nearly two days going and coming. Thai Air Asia sells all in packages, incl. airfare, ground and water transpo.