Wiki Posts
Search

Golf Buggies BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold
Golf Buggies BKK

One of the downsides of EK's F service is lack of ground service. The walk from the plane to immigration at BKK can be very long.
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but you can book a golf buggy whereby they meet you from the plane and take you through immigration.
Cost is 1450 baht. I've used this service a few times and it's very professional.

https://www.bangkokflightservices.co...port-services/

Available to J and F only.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:26 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I don't know how you identify this is for J and F only but BFS will service anyone who pays. And unlike Marhaba or Ahlan when you pay for the buggy you will def received it.

They also have the contact numbers for all of the major hotels so will contact the StR etc so they can deliver you to the appropriate representative once you exit.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:33 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Is it really worth 50 USD?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
It is if you arrive on Bangkok Air at the furthest East gate and have to get to the EK lounge at West!
Never again-we needed Oxygen before the Moet and a G&T .
I'll certainly book it for my next trip.
SS
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:55 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Is this really EK related?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I don't know how you identify this is for J and F only but BFS will service anyone who pays. And unlike Marhaba or Ahlan when you pay for the buggy you will def received it.

They also have the contact numbers for all of the major hotels so will contact the StR etc so they can deliver you to the appropriate representative once you exit.
That's been changed recently under instruction from the airport and they do check your ticket before you get into the buggy.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:59 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Definitely if pax are older, difficult/slow to walk & have a domestic connection whereby walks can be quite long at BKK. I will be booking this for my in-laws this summer ^
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Zol
Is this really EK related?
too much j/f indulgence and you need a buggy
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:10 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by m3red

too much j/f indulgence and you need a buggy
Don't we get DYKWIA's black and gold wheelchair for that?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:29 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chelseastu
That's been changed recently under instruction from the airport and they do check your ticket before you get into the buggy.
I don't understand this point.

BFS is a service that you pay for like any Meet & Assist around the World. They provide a range of airport services and pax are only one part. In addition, almost every five star hotel sells the service in addition to their limousine service.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I don't understand this point.

BFS is a service that you pay for like any Meet & Assist around the World. They provide a range of airport services and pax are only one part. In addition, almost every five star hotel sells the service in addition to their limousine service.
I thiink chelseastu is referring to the recent change where BFS will no longer provide Premium Lane Immigration access to Economy Class passengers. The rest of their service is unchanged AFAIK.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
I thiink chelseastu is referring to the recent change where BFS will no longer provide Premium Lane Immigration access to Economy Class passengers. The rest of their service is unchanged AFAIK.
Exactly.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Absolutely worth it.

BKK airport involves way too much walking (even if travellator assisted). I remember once walking with less mobile travelling companions and by the end of it, they were sweating (and cursing).

On the other occasions, it's been good as we have always been parked at the furthest gate which meant the 30min walk, turned into a 5 minute buggy ride. Also having travelled economy, it's always nice to zoom in front of premium class passengers.

I never use Bangkok flight services but A Plus Class. They used to have a website but I think that's no longer there so I can't be certain that it's still available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.