Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

BKK - International- Domestic on Separate Tickets Checked Bags - Transit/Lounge/Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK - International- Domestic on Separate Tickets Checked Bags - Transit/Lounge/Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Platinum

International arrival at Bangkok BKK (Suvarnabhumi Airport) on Korean Air with checked bag around midnight. Separate ticket on Bangkok Airways from Bangkok BKK (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Krabi at 9:00am. Have plenty of time to clear Immigration/Customs on arrival at BKK and then recheck at Bangkok Airways counter.
  1. Do I still go through "Transit" Area?
  2. Any tips on accessing lounges (American Express Platinum member) - since most of the lounges are airside and International?
  3. If lounges cannot be accessed, any recommendations for hotels at the airport or nearby?
Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions/recommendations.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can't use "transit" Area because the 2nd ticket is domestic-only so you need to clear customs/immigration at BKK airport.

I doubt they'd even check you into the flight at ~1am for a 9am flight. You are better off booking a hotel in the area to take a shower, get some sleep, and return to the airport by ~7am
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Get a hotel room. There are many near the airport for a very reasonable price (under $50 USD/night) and many have shuttles to/from the airport.

I have personally stayed here: at-residence

24 hour shuttle bus, inexpensive, clean. Recommended.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I second this. No chance that you can stay airside. You need to clear immigration and you will not be allowed to check-in for a flight at 9AM. Just book a cheap hotel room in the vicinity of the airport. I have stayed at Thong Ta Resort Suvarnabhumi before which was OK for short stay like this. Should be < 1000 THB
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I have stayed at Thong Ta Resort Suvarnabhumi before which was OK for short stay like this. Should be < 1000 THB
I'm looking for a room near BKK next month and this one caught my eye. I see on their website they currently offer a discount card offering 25% off the room rate if paying by Bank Transfer.

Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Bangkok | Thongta Resort & Spa

Has anyone any experience of using this? Any hidden catches or things to be aware of?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ft101
I'm looking for a room near BKK next month and this one caught my eye. I see on their website they currently offer a discount card offering 25% off the room rate if paying by Bank Transfer.

Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Bangkok Thongta Resort & Spa

Has anyone any experience of using this? Any hidden catches or things to be aware of?
Direct inter-/intra-bank transfers (initiated via mobile, online banking or at an ATM) are a common method of payment here. If you have an SCB account (that hotel has an SCB account) in the Bangkok area there would be no fees; there may be fees for a transfer from an SCB account outside the Bangkok metro area, or from another Thai bank. The fees are generally 10-30 baht per transaction.

I have an SCB account and do direct transfers all the time, but these are for bills (cable, internet, mobile, rent, electric, etc.). I would NOT personally do a transfer for this hotel discount as there are just too many things that could, and do, go wrong.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, AA-Gold, DL-Plat
I had the same situation. Qatar airlines wouldn't allow me to check my bag in until three hours before my flight. I stayed at the Novotel at BKK and it was pretty nice.
Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport - The Hotel

you could also stay in these mini-hotel rooms in the basement of BKK
https://www.boxtelthailand.com/
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The Novotel at the airport is an obvious choice but it comes with a high price tag. The rates are much higher than at the several decent and much better valued hotels in the vicinity of the airport (and many will offer free shuttle).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.