Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Traveling with pets through BKK - hot tarmac?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:00 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to find out more about traveling with pets from BKK. In the US, most airlines don't allow pets if the temperature is over 29C/84F because the tarmac is really hot and the time the animal spends before being loaded into the plane can be dangerous. But I can't find any regulations about this at BKK airport, where the temperature is almost always over 29C.

Does anyone know if BKK has any regulations about pets and heat? Do they do anything special to make sure they don't overheat before they are loaded onto the plane? I've contacted the airline but they have only responded for info about how pets are cared for on the plane, but it's the pre-flight stuff I'm worried about.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: EK Pleb
OP.... Sorry I've no personal experience of travelling with a pet through BKK, but if you have a look at Traveling with a pet there are a couple of links to official departments that may be able to offer some advice.

FYI ... the temperature here (on the outskirts of Bangkok) in the shade, at 09:30am local time, is already 32c and likely to get warmer by mid-day... so hopefully BKK have some arrangements for keeping animals in transit cool.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oldtiger
OP.... Sorry I've no personal experience of travelling with a pet through BKK, but if you have a look at Traveling with a pet there are a couple of links to official departments that may be able to offer some advice.

FYI ... the temperature here (on the outskirts of Bangkok) in the shade, at 09:30am local time, is already 32c and likely to get warmer by mid-day... so hopefully BKK have some arrangements for keeping animals in transit cool.
I tried emailing them a few days ago but haven't heard back...and I doubt they will tell me anything.

I am assuming they do have arrangements of some kind, otherwise BKK would be a deathtrap for any animals traveling (and I've never heard anything like that). But I really want some sort of reassurance before I try.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: EK Pleb
[QUOTE=giblet;29544903]I tried emailing them a few days ago but haven't heard back...and I doubt they will tell me anything.QUOTE]

Sorry OP.... Welcome to Thailand 0.4 Government bodies here are notoriously slow at answering emails - they seem to only have two speeds - Dead Slow & Stop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.