Reload this Page >

What else to see in Bangkok?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What else to see in Bangkok?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:06 pm

I looked at some of your old posts....you've been to more places around Bangkok than any tourist has. I think you will need to ask your Thai friends for suggestions on new places.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:57 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
I looked at some of your old posts....you've been to more places around Bangkok than any tourist has. I think you will need to ask your Thai friends for suggestions on new places.
I probably haven't touched 40% of what Bangkok has to offer. On my second trip to Bangkok I did all the touristy spots, and after that going to "out of the way" places. 3.5 weeks to go Have to survive KSA and one trip to Long Island before I go for my vacations
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by bwiadca
I probably haven't touched 40% of what Bangkok has to offer. On my second trip to Bangkok I did all the touristy spots, and after that going to "out of the way" places. 3.5 weeks to go Have to survive KSA and one trip to Long Island before I go for my vacations
OK, I'm sure you have done some of this, but the single most interesting thing I've done in Bangkok is this:
On Sukhumvit starting at Soi 1 walk the entire way to at least soi 35, including walking down any soi on the way that has signs of activity, and walking through parks etc. Then turn around and walk back on the other side. It will take about 3-4 days if you explore at my speed, stopping often. Everyone is different. I've spent over a year total in Bangkok in around 18 trips over 11 years, and I've never been to Grand Palace, Wat Pho, floating markets, Hua Hin, and many other places.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:17 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by braslvr
Everyone is different. I've spent over a year total in Bangkok in around 18 trips over 11 years, and I've never been to Grand Palace, Wat Pho, floating markets, Hua Hin, and many other places.
I did Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Khao San Rd in one day on my second visit to BKK. Now I mostly do "out of ordinary" stuff at BKK As for your walking idea, I will walk from Soi 22 to Lumpini Park one day.
Also I want to return to Little Japan for the great sushi places that they have there.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by braslvr
I've never been to Grand Palace, Wat Pho
You should go check them out some time. Pretty cool to see once. Wat Arun is just across the river too. The Grand Palace is not cheap though. Eat at Roti Mataba if you like curry.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by bwiadca
I did Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Khao San Rd in one day on my second visit to BKK. Now I mostly do "out of ordinary" stuff at BKK As for your walking idea, I will walk from Soi 22 to Lumpini Park one day.
Also I want to return to Little Japan for the great sushi places that they have there.
I have walked to Lumpini several times, the longest being from Nana. That stretches into a long day for me, from stopping along the way. Maybe I'm too thorough, but even though it really wasn't my cup of tea, I spent over 8 hrs on Khao San rd. - Once. So far, I've only spent a few hours walking around Silom area. That deserves several days as well. Next trip.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
You should go check them out some time. Pretty cool to see once. Wat Arun is just across the river too. The Grand Palace is not cheap though. Eat at Roti Mataba if you like curry.
Roti Mataba is good but not great; also not the quickest walk from the Grand Palace (best bet is walking up the old Amulet Market, through Thammasat University and then up Phra Athit).
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SPG Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
There's a gallery near MBK worth checking out. It's air-conditioned so a good place to hide from the heat. There's an ice cream shop on the second or third floor I think with a lot weird flavor on a rotational basis. Have heard a cigarette flavored ice cream but never tried it. Maybe if it's not too hot check out the Chatuchak park and night market(only on weekends) at the Mo Chit BTS station. Huahin is a great idea but I think it has become a bit touristy in the past few years. For a calmer version of Huahin try Cha-am or Pranburi they are all quite close to each other and there are plenty of great seafood restaurant in those areas. Hope you will enjoy your visit here.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Krittanat Ratanachai
There's a gallery near MBK worth checking out. It's air-conditioned so a good place to hide from the heat. There's an ice cream shop on the second or third floor I think with a lot weird flavor on a rotational basis.
You're referring to the Bangkok Arts And Cultural Center on the NW corner of Si Yek Pathumwan?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SPG Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You're referring to the Bangkok Arts And Cultural Center on the NW corner of Si Yek Pathumwan?
Yep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.