Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class flight to/from Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Business class flight to/from Bangkok

Hi. I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas on the below.

I am planning to fly to Bangkok from Tokyo and back.

Using ANA miles, I was able to get the below flights (including flight to / from china) in business class:

Shanghai(Pudong) ChinaAir CA 805 -> Bangkok

Bangkok Thai Air TG614->Beijing.

I am curious if anyone has any idea as to the quality of business class seats on these flights? I generally only fly ANA or JAL business on mostly transpacific (NY/Tokyo) flights and the seats are full flat and pretty comfortable. I checked the price for CA805 to Bangkok and was shocked to find the price for business class was under $500, and that got me very worried about the quality of business class and seats.

Any info appreciated.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Look in here for CA Business Class http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ess-class.html
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I've done the Thai flight a couple of years ago, and unless something has changed, it will be recliner. Too bad you can't do Thai A380 nonstop, that one is pretty good.

As for ANA, they offer 789 with lie flat and 788 with recliner on their two nonstops.

Oh, and welcome to FlyerTalk hatanhi.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank u

Hi. Thanks for the replies. I guess Air China business is not so bad. That is good to know.

When you say the Thai flight is a recliner, do you mean not a full flat like most of the other transatlantic/transpacific flights? I know some US domestic business flights are just big seats, and not full flat unless transcontienntal from say NY-LA.

Thanks so much for the welcome and help
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:15 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by hatanhi

When you say the Thai flight is a recliner, do you mean not a full flat like most of the other transatlantic/transpacific flights? I know some US domestic business flights are just big seats, and not full flat unless transcontienntal from say NY-LA.
Here is a photo of ANA recliner, and TG is very similar (just got downgraded on ANA from 789 lie flat to 788 recliner for my December flight to HND that's why I have this link handy):

Not as nice as lie flat, but I was able to get some sleep last month on NRT-BKK.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by EmailKid

Not as nice as lie flat, but I was able to get some sleep last month on NRT-BKK.
i flew on one of these a few weeks ago - delay of four hours followed by a four hour flight NRT-PVG. I managed to sleep well in one of these seats! The foot bar can be adjusted up, and it was actually pretty comfortable to then sleep on my side. Having the only spare seat on the plane next to me helped.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: most of them
BKK-PEK is only a 5 hour flight. So it's not like you really need a lie flat seat. TG regional business class is OK. Seatguru.com will give you a description of what to expect on pretty much any airline.

CA is Air China, not China Air. I can't seem to find a flight CA 805 so I don't know what equipment flies this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.