Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Recommend Thai massage places in Bangkok (non-erotic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:45 am
Original Poster

The Mrs and I would like to try the famous Thai massage while we visit Bangkok next month. A quick google search show hundred of places and they all claim to be the best LOL... If you have any recommendation, please let me know and the price too would me nice (my budget is ~600 Baht or lower for 1 hr each person)... much appreciated
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...s-bangkok.html

(found by searching the forum for "massage")
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks E_C,
I did search that thread but it is 2 years old, half of the places probably gone by now.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You will not go wrong with the massages at the Oriental. I don't remember prices but they may slightly break your budget. I have one there every time!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This Health Land brand seems to be well regarded among Thais. Some of the original locations are out of the way and focused on Thai clientele so not sure about potential language issues, but they have expanded into the tourist zones.

http://healthlandspa.com/

Maybe you could say your preferred location(s), treatments, price range? Metro Bangkok is massive, and it might take an hour or two to get to a place via car/taxi (rush hour/inclement weather/flooding).

Most hotels have on-premises massage, or have arrangements with outside providers who are often in the building.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your kind inputs, sorry i was not being clear. I will stay in Yaowarat China town area. Any recommendation there?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Having tried several of its branches, I find HealthLand a bit too busy and commercial for my tastes. The lobbies are bustling with people, particularly on the weekend. Just look at the size of the parking lot out front; and it's usually full on the weekend. I need a more relaxed experience, right from the minute I walk into the place. I've been using Lavana since I started coming to Bangkok. You'll find that the whole calm/soothing/peaceful thing starts as you walk in the door, with lighting, soft music, even the colors used in the décor.

Regardless of where you go, 600 baht for an hour should be AOK. For example, Lavana's website lists a one hour Thai massage at 550, 1˝ hours at 700 and two hours at 800.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:19 am

Cefle on Soi 33 used to be excellent but haven't returned for a few years. But they're still there as of 9/16

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...E-Bangkok.html
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by dtsm
Cefle on Soi 33 used to be excellent but haven't returned for a few years. But they're still there as of 9/16

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...E-Bangkok.html
+1

I've used them as recently as a few months ago. A 90 min massage runs something like 450 THB.

And it's 'Cefle+' I believe. Exactly what the '+' means is beyond me.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I'll give my vote for healthland. Admittedly I usually go off-peak, but in general the massages are pretty good (I've had one in the last nine or so years that hasn't been so good).
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Indeed, one can't go wrong with Healthland. Try avoid weekends as a lot of Thai hi-so will be there as well.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For Thai massage, Healthland is a fine choice. You can call ahead to book, and the reception desk speaks enough English to take appointments.

Just keep in mind that Healthland does 2-hour Thai only - no 1-hour option. They also do the massages in separate rooms, which I like since I feel free to play my own music (not loudly) via speaker the way I wouldn't if I were in a common room separated by curtains.

I like the one in Asoke, since it's easily reached from both BTS and MRT, and it doesn't seem to get as busy/crowded on weekdays.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by dsquared37
+1

I've used them as recently as a few months ago. A 90 min massage runs something like 450 THB.

And it's 'Cefle+' I believe. Exactly what the '+' means is beyond me.
I have seen a couple internet reports that Cefle is permanently closed. Hope is not true as I liked them also. Another option in that area is Phunnee Massage on Sukhumvit between Soi 33 and the Phrom Phong BTS. An inexpensive proper shop with good quality Thai massage services.

SL
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SunLover
I have seen a couple internet reports that Cefle is permanently closed. Hope is not true as I liked them also. Another option in that area is Phunnee Massage on Sukhumvit between Soi 33 and the Phrom Phong BTS. An inexpensive proper shop with good quality Thai massage services.

SL
If true that would be disappointing and I'll need to figure out which shop is Phunnee, I've walked that stretch untold times. Thanks.

I'll be in that area next week and, time allowing, will have a look.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cefle (Thai Relaxation Space +Cefle) have a Facebook page - many small Thai businesses take this route for a web presence - which seems to indicate that they may have been closed for renovations but have re-opened in or near the same location in Sukhumvit Soi 33.

I found this phone number: 02 662 3304

There are recent reviews (from last month) in Japanese.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.