Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Holiday inn or Holiday inn Sukhumvit Bangkok ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

I am planning to book 2 nights . Please help me which one should I book . I prefer location . Thank you for your time !
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:02 pm

Hotel deals?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by bayareas
I prefer location .
They both have locations.

What specifically are you looking for in a location?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for posting wrong forums . Please move it to the right place . Thank you .

We would like to go shopping mall , food court etc ...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
From looking at the Holiday Inn web site and www.tripadvisor.com, the Holiday Inn Sukhumvit Bangkok seems to be better located for the activities you mention.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Romelle
From looking at the Holiday Inn web site and www.tripadvisor.com, the Holiday Inn Sukhumvit Bangkok seems to be better located for the activities you mention.
Not necessarily.

Holiday Inn near Ratchaprasong is adjacent to BTS Chitlom and the Central mall. One BTS stop away from Siam and it's malls.

Holiday Inn Sukhumvit is a 10 min walk to Emporium in one direction and Terminal 21 in the other. Both of those malls have a BTS stop as well.

Of these locations the best food courts are in Paragon (Siam) and T21. It's a pick and choose scenario with the only drawback to HI Sukhumvit being it's position in between stations. It's typically about 700 THB ($20 USD) cheaper per night.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
The HI Sukhumvit is a great hotel. As already mentioned its about a 10 minute walk to Emporium, though there are a couple of good restaurants right on Soy 22 (like No Idea). I wouldn't dismiss the Emporium food court and restaurants, though: there is a Bon Chon chicken (!) and a great ramen shop. The hotel itself puts out really good international buffets each day too
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carteeb
The HI Sukhumvit is a great hotel. As already mentioned its about a 10 minute walk to Emporium, though there are a couple of good restaurants right on Soy 22 (like No Idea). I wouldn't dismiss the Emporium food court and restaurants, though: there is a Bon Chon chicken (!) and a great ramen shop. The hotel itself puts out really good international buffets each day too
There's a few decent ramen shops in the vicinity mostly on the opposite side of Sukhumvit (odd sois).

Outside of mall food courts HI Sukhumvit has much more options for eating.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:53 am

I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express at Sathorn and one around Soi 11, and the Holiday Inn on Sukhumvit Soi 22 multiple times.

Hands down the Soi 22 location wins the day with me every time. The hotel seems like a higher brand than a Holiday Inn, imo. The pool is great, rooms are good, and I really enjoyed the lounge when I was bumped and given access. The breakfast was also quite good...but the staff are disorganized and will often try to seat strangers together at tables even if there are other tables open. They are friendly but a bit scattered and probably need some training.

I also liked the location. It's a short walk to the MRT system, taxis are plentiful, massage places and street food around, and it's about a 15 to 20 minute walk to Nana if you like that sort of thing.

I'll stay there again...
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Bon Chon chicken is in the Emquartier basement food court. (Emporium - across the street - has never impressed me for its dining choices.)

Emquartier also has some nice restaurants on the winding spiral restaurant area on the 6-9 floors.

Holiday Inn Sukhumvit Soi 22 would get my vote for its location.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Bon Chon is rapidly replicating in Thailand - there's a branch inside the Terminal 21 mall as well.

I'd also suggest the Soi 22 location as being more suitable.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Bon Chon chicken joint here, ~ 25 at least in Thailand. There's even one at SBIA/BKK, and two at DMK.

I think there is a Holiday Inn in Pathum Wan (Chit Lom BTS)? That's a pretty decent, central location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.