Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with reservations in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum, Delta, Alaska, Hyatt, SPG
Need help with reservations in Bangkok

Anyone in this forum who has been able to get a reservation at Gaggan (best restaurant in Asia)?
I've been trying to secure a reservation for late May, but they have an archaic and frustrating reservation system. They have an online reservation form that after you fill out you get an automatic response message stating that they received your request and that you should wait for confirmation by the restaurant. And then you wait, and wait, and wait, and hear nothing from them; and you don't know if you are going to get the reservation or not. Do not know if I should make alternate plans.
So, if anyone in this forum has been able to secure a reservation there, I would greatly appreciate any input/suggestions.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was just named, by one organization, as the best restaurant in Asia for third straight year.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/f...t-restaurants/

Maybe they're just overwhelmed?

You could poke them via FB?

https://www.facebook.com/Gaggan-171404319561999/

They have a phone line as well but suspect that might be less than ideal?

+66 (0) 2 652 1700
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ErickG
Anyone in this forum who has been able to get a reservation at Gaggan (best restaurant in Asia)?
I've been trying to secure a reservation for late May, but they have an archaic and frustrating reservation system. They have an online reservation form that after you fill out you get an automatic response message stating that they received your request and that you should wait for confirmation by the restaurant. And then you wait, and wait, and wait, and hear nothing from them; and you don't know if you are going to get the reservation or not. Do not know if I should make alternate plans.
So, if anyone in this forum has been able to secure a reservation there, I would greatly appreciate any input/suggestions.
Two suggestions. 1) If you're staying at a hotel with a concierge, send an email to the Concierge Desk. 2) I see that you're in SPG. If you're PLT or AMB, get in touch and ask them for assistance.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ErickG
I booked last October for an early Jan dinner. First time no response but second time they confirmed after about 3 weeks. Patience is the order of the day! Dinner was amazing, and we got to meet and chat to Anand himself. Even got a tour of the (tiny) kitchen.

Edit just checked my e-mails, and they actually confirmed four days after the online booking.

Last edited by MrOscarh; Mar 2, 2017 at 7:55 pm Reason: Accuracy
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum, Delta, Alaska, Hyatt, SPG
Thank you all for your advice. After waiting 4 weeks, the restaurant finally confirmed the reservation. Glad to go there, but, really a pain of a reservation system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.