Bangkok hotels with best city views for photography

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok hotels with best city views for photography

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
While I don't know how to share some of my own super photos of Bangkok, I can tell you that the PANORAMA suite of the Column Tower on Sukhumvit soi 16 is a fantastic place for taking pictures. The terrace is about the size of a basketball court and has nearly 360 degree viewing. Two large 2-bedroom panorama suites share the same terrace. We have stayed here twice and believe me, the views are awesome!!
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sim510
While I don't know how to share some of my own super photos of Bangkok, I can tell you that the PANORAMA suite of the Column Tower on Sukhumvit soi 16 is a fantastic place for taking pictures. The terrace is about the size of a basketball court and has nearly 360 degree viewing. Two large 2-bedroom panorama suites share the same terrace. We have stayed here twice and believe me, the views are awesome!!
The restaurant, Long Table is in this building (on the 25th floor), and was mentioned as a photo spot here:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailan...e-thai-capital

AirBNB might also be an option to consider?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: most of them
That looks like a really nice place. And reasonable prices too.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:56 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by bwiadca
This is Millennium Hilton pool???? OMG - I had no idea that they have pool like that!!! I've spent too much time in the lounge
In October I'll stay there again and this time I will spend a lot of time in the pool area Thanks for posting.

Here are some of my shots from Millennium Hilton. 32nd floor open air lounge and some from my floor.

Did you get these photos from my Flickr.com account??? I have almost exactly the same photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz...57651972795984
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by transpac
The restaurant, Long Table is in this building (on the 25th floor), and was mentioned as a photo spot here:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailan...e-thai-capital

AirBNB might also be an option to consider?
While Long Table does indeed have a nice view, the panorama suite is even better. The huge size of the terrace gives you an almost 360 view.

And yes, we find Column prices to be quite reasonble! We've spent two Christmases here and had a fabulous catered dinner (turkey and trimmings from J W Marriott) on the terrace with a small group of friends. The terrace is large enough for a wedding party, for sure. The last time we stayed at Column (April 2016) we could not get the panorama suite because of a photo shoot.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:12 pm

This is the Panorama suite terrace. Column Tower Sukhumvit soi 16 Bangkok.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:33 pm

The apartment living/dining room with terrace just beyond.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Here's the view from Marriott at Thong Lor, looking south.

Here's the view from the Hilton Sukhumvit, looking north.

Here's the view from the Holiday Inn Sukhumvit, looking west.

I prefer to stay in the Sukhumvit area rather than near the Chao Phraya river, so the view is a little different from what you can expect at the Peninsula and such.You can also stay near the Maha Nakhon to view Bangkok's new bad@ss sky scraper.

Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:16 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

That panorama suite looks amazing... Is there only one in the entire hotel? Is that why I can't see any availability?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
That panorama suite looks amazing... Is there only one in the entire hotel? Is that why I can't see any availability?
There are two suites that share that huge terrace. If you look at the building, it would appear to have another large terrace, but a few floors lower. We've only stayed in the two suites that share the terrace in my photo.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:50 pm

We stay on the 34th floor, the Long Table is about 26th. The additional large terrace with possibly two more suites is at about the 28th floor.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by TOMFORD

Here's the view from the Holiday Inn Sukhumvit, looking west.

This view is looking across Suk at S31 so it's actually a north view with a little eastward tangent.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

There are two suites that share that huge terrace. If you look at the building, it would appear to have another large terrace, but a few floors lower. We've only stayed in the two suites that share the terrace in my photo.
A bit strange, no? Sharing something with someone else in the most expensive room? Are there privacy concerns?

Originally Posted by dsquared37
This view is looking across Suk at S31 so it's actually a north view with a little eastward tangent.
Congratulations, let's build more on the your hugely informative response. If by "eastward tangent" you mean northwest then you are correct.

Last edited by TOMFORD; Jun 23, 2016 at 4:44 am
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:00 am

We had neighbors only one time, and they were only there 2 nights. We were staying for 10 days. We really didn't have privacy issues. The walls of windows have shutters.

I think they don't promote this suite. Why? No idea. We got it the first time when we arrived without a res and I needed space to walk outside while recovering from a very serious operation just four weeks before we arrived in Bangkok. Column was "full" but for this suite....which turned out to be absolutely perfect for our stay. Now we try to book it each time. Hoping for August again.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:37 am

Column Tower is the tallest building in this picture. If you follow from the top right side of the building and move down about 5 floors you will note the large terrace of the (2) panorama suites on floor 34 (roughly). From the far right edge of that large terrace, move downward another 5 or so floors and you can maybe see how there is yet another terrace, just above the white building to the right.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.