Reload this Page >

Krabi hotel advice

Krabi hotel advice

Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Krabi hotel advice

Hello,

I am looking to spend 5 nights in Krabi, after 5 nights in Siem Reap and 3 nights in Bangkok. Looking at Krabi hotels, I have narrowed it down to the Sofitel and the Dusit Thani. Does anyone have any advice regarding one over the other? Also if anyone had been to these properties, I was just curious what the process was to get a speed boat to the islands - I know the hotel provides a boat but from what I hear the prices are much higher than finding one independently. Also if you have another suggestion regarding hotels, I'm definitely open to consider another option. Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I was recently at the Sofitel Krabi. We took the hotel speed boat to the Hong Islands, which cost 1,750 THB pp. Lunch was included. This is a short distance. The hotel does offer speed boat to Phi Phi Islands. This is a longer distance, and more expensive. I don't recall the cost though, but I'm sure you could email the hotel. As you may know, the Sofitel Krabi is about an hour drive from Krabi airport. We took a taxi from airport to hotel at cost of (I believe) 600 THB and hotel booked taxi on return for 796 THB (+ tip).
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Excellent. Thanks! Did you enjoy your stay at the hotel? I'm torn between the two although I am leaning more towards the Sofitel. Actually that price doesn't seem too bad either - I'm sure it may be cheaper if you find a private boat, but it would be nice to have it arranged from the hotel and not have to worry about it. Thanks again
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
Excellent. Thanks! Did you enjoy your stay at the hotel? I'm torn between the two although I am leaning more towards the Sofitel. Actually that price doesn't seem too bad either - I'm sure it may be cheaper if you find a private boat, but it would be nice to have it arranged from the hotel and not have to worry about it. Thanks again
Yes, we enjoyed our stay. Sofitel Krabi is a 5* hotel. It is not inexpensive, but it is value for money. Also you will likely end up having all your dinners at the hotel. There are several restaurants. Expect to pay at least 1,000 THB pp. If you decide to stay, recommend you become a Accor LeClub member if you are not already. (There is no charge.)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
5 nights in Siem Reap is a lot. Are you sure you'll have 5 days worth of temples to see? I've only ever spent 3 days at a time there (multiple guests come to visit and we end up taking a long weekend there). I've have had no troubles seeing what needs to be seen in 3 days as long as you hire a private car - aircon alone is worth the investment in the car.

Krabi hotel - Love the Nakamanda. Maybe a little smaller than what you are looking for?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by DirtyDan
5 nights in Siem Reap is a lot. Are you sure you'll have 5 days worth of temples to see? I've only ever spent 3 days at a time there (multiple guests come to visit and we end up taking a long weekend there). I've have had no troubles seeing what needs to be seen in 3 days as long as you hire a private car - aircon alone is worth the investment in the car.
It is a lot; but it also depends on how aggressively you sightsee. If, like me, you go to the temples in the morning and are back at the hotel pool by early afternoon for the heat of the day, five days may be just about right. There are also some other things worth seeing locally.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.