Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:20 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by amztourist
It is what I'd originally considered, but I have to get a visa, moving from freezing Seoul to sweltering Bangkok is going to tire me out. So I plan to just relax at the airport.
The Oman Air lounge is def not a place I would want to spend nine hours. It doesn't offer much in terms of privacy. The one or two times I was there, it got fairly crowded before WY flight departures as well. Food and beverage offerings were alright, though.

Unless you're on a tight budget, I would consider a day room at a transit hotel. Or maybe do some lounge hopping.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:55 am

E gates - Priority Pass, Oman Biz lounge

Great lounge, lovely food, quiet, decent alcohol selection.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by amztourist
I will be transiting BKK for 9 hours in November (flying TG economy ICN-BKK-MAA) . I'm a PP holder, but my wife isn't. Reading through the forum, i get the idea that Oman Air Lounge is probably the best. Is it possible to swipe my PP twice for both of us to enter? I've never tried it before. I got the PP as a freebie while applying for a credit card.
You don't swipe it twice. They will register two people in one transaction against both boarding passes. You will, I guess, enter free with your PP membership and you'll be charged the regular rate by PP for the guest. The lounge will have no visibility of this. They will just process two people on your PP account.

I would also choose the Oman Air lounge. Not the largest but find yourself a corner and feast on the food and booze. Both better than the Miracle Lounges.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Tried the Miracle lounge in the D-concourse (basically as soon as you pass immigration) for the first time and it was worth the visit. Definitely a very spacious shower room, and it's convenient as a pit-stop before moving to my usual choice of the AF/KLM lounge.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:37 pm

I just went to the CX lounge which was nice and relaxing and they serve Moet.

But the wanton noodles were quite dire this time around - the soup was very bland - surprising for Thailand.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Plato90s
Tried the Miracle lounge in the D-concourse (basically as soon as you pass immigration) for the first time and it was worth the visit. Definitely a very spacious shower room, and it's convenient as a pit-stop before moving to my usual choice of the AF/KLM lounge.
I tried this lounge for the first time last month and I liked it quite a bit. Quiet, plenty of seats available, nice selection of both hot and cold food.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I tried this lounge for the first time last month and I liked it quite a bit. Quiet, plenty of seats available, nice selection of both hot and cold food.
One of the advertised facilities on the PP app is aircon...

I've only visited the lounge on a contract basis for a flight to Bhutan and food and drink was sparse at the time. I'll give this another go soon then and compare my experience late night with mid-day offerings.

Last edited by dsquared37; Dec 5, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dsquared37
One of the advertised facilities on the PP app is aircon...

I've only visited the lounge on a contract basis for a flight to Bhutan and food and drink was sparse at the time. I'll give this another go soon then and compare my experience late night with mid-day offerings.
If I'm remembering correctly, the hot food options were soup (of course), pasta with marinara sauce, stir fried chicken/veg, rice, and the ubiquitous variety of filled puff pastries. May have been some Chinese style steamed buns too (not sure though.) Variety of mini-sandwiches, desserts, noodle cups (ick), cookies, nuts, etc. Two dessert stations and functional espresso/cappuccino machines.

I don't remember being uncomfortably warm - and I was there mid-afternoon - so the aircon must be functional. Wifi was perfectly adequate for what I needed (i.e., I'm not a big video streaming type of guy.)

Edit: I don't drink when flying so cannot comment on the quality of adult beverages available.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Dec 5, 2018 at 7:06 pm
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Indeed - it's well laid out to create nooks/noise isolation.

I personally like the area near the booths. It's close enough to the food areas but not so much that there's foot traffic, and the larger table of the booth is helpful at times.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:24 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Flying TG924 BKK to MUC in economy which departs at 12:50 AM from I believe Terminal A. Flying with wife and two kids aged 7 and 10.

Which is the best Priority Pass at BKK in general and Terminal A in particular assuming we start boarding around midnight?

Thank you!

Edited to add that we are using PPS cards.

Last edited by Kalboz; Dec 13, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Flying TG924 BKK to MUC in economy which departs at 12:50 AM from I believe Terminal A. Flying with wife and two kids aged 7 and 10.

Which is the best Priority Pass at BKK in general and Terminal A in particular assuming we start boarding around midnight?

Thank you!

Edited to add that we are using PPS cards.
I like Oman for drink/bottled water, none for food. Some think the AF lounge is good, I can't comment on that. Miracle lounges are middling at best.

What is Terminal A? Do you mean concourse? There is only 1 (long and wide ranging) terminal at this point.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:38 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I like Oman for drink/bottled water, none for food. Some think the AF lounge is good, I can't comment on that. Miracle lounges are middling at best.

What is Terminal A? Do you mean concourse? There is only 1 (long and wide ranging) terminal at this point.
Well, when you google TG 924, you will come up with Terminal/Gate which is A3. But you are right as Priority Pass website refers to the same area as International Concourse A.

Being that late at night, our food intake would be limited and we are not drinkers especially the kids Thank you for the AF suggestions, we have tried that at SEA and it was superior to KLM but the AS lounge was better than both!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by ftrichard
You don't swipe it twice. They will register two people in one transaction against both boarding passes. You will, I guess, enter free with your PP membership and you'll be charged the regular rate by PP for the guest. The lounge will have no visibility of this. They will just process two people on your PP account.

I would also choose the Oman Air lounge. Not the largest but find yourself a corner and feast on the food and booze. Both better than the Miracle Lounges.
How would you compare the Oman lounge food with the Cathay lounge if you've experienced both?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estnet
How would you compare the Oman lounge food with the Cathay lounge if you've experienced both?
Oman has better snacks, a few entrees/rice depending upon the time of day. Dates, fruit, nuts at all hours. Booze is self serve and decent. Red and white wine, sparking white and rose. Bottles of water self serve as well. The biggest problem with Oman is the lack of outlets outside of the bench along the window and a table near the bathrooms. They also have a shower.

The CX lounge has a small self serve snack area and a counter order area with more selections. The bar is OK for selection but staff isn't always on the ball in speed or qualtiy of drink. Bathroom are built for more than 1 person at a time but no shower.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Oman has better snacks, a few entrees/rice depending upon the time of day. Dates, fruit, nuts at all hours. Booze is self serve and decent. Red and white wine, sparking white and rose. Bottles of water self serve as well. The biggest problem with Oman is the lack of outlets outside of the bench along the window and a table near the bathrooms. They also have a shower.

The CX lounge has a small self serve snack area and a counter order area with more selections. The bar is OK for selection but staff isn't always on the ball in speed or qualtiy of drink. Bathroom are built for more than 1 person at a time but no shower.
This. Although a smaller lounge, the food and drink are better than Cathay for the reasons stated and it's less crowded (because everyone and their dog seems to go into the Cathay one and I've been unable to get a seat at times there). If you get yourself a nice corner in the Oman lounge then you'll be happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.