Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'll be flying HAN-BKK-CDG next month in TG C with a 1h50m layover from ~10p-midnight. Looks like I technically have 13 lounges to choose from between *A and PP (TG, AF, BR, SQ, 'Louis Tavern'), so not sure which to choose. CDG is an A380, and it seems like the TG 380s tend to depart from the C gates. I'd like to get a neck/shoulder massage at the Royal Silk spa, but I'm guessing it would be tough to get in with such a short layover during the late evening rush.

If the spa isn't available, which lounge would be best for me? I prefer something with an actual bar/bartender, less busy, decent champagne/sparkling and/or whiskey, with a tiebreaker being quality snacks (I'll have meals onboard, so I'd prefer a quality snack over a mediocre buffet meal). Prefer to be near the CDG gate, but would consider a further lounge if quite a bit better.
TG C lounges do not serve champagne. In fact some of them do not serve wine. I do not know of any BKK C lounges that serve champagne.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:21 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
TG C lounges do not serve champagne. In fact some of them do not serve wine. I do not know of any BKK C lounges that serve champagne.
The EK Lounge does.

M
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
That's a darn shame. Not even AF? How about whiskeys then?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The EK Lounge does.

M
And I believe Oman (PP lounge) although that could be sparkling.... can't recall.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:34 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Flying NH C (as a *G if it matters) on their red-eye to NRT next week. I've always been on a crack of dawn UA or NH flight before and been stuck with the cruddy TG *G lounge near my flight at that hour.

Anything better given I'll have probably 4 hours or so to kill before my 12:30am flight?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'll be flying HAN-BKK-CDG next month in TG C
I suggest that you use the main TG C class lounge at concourse D. The alternative lounges available to you at BKK will not be much better. Save it for the CDG flight.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by exerda
Flying NH C (as a *G if it matters) on their red-eye to NRT next week. I've always been on a crack of dawn UA or NH flight before and been stuck with the cruddy TG *G lounge near my flight at that hour.

Anything better given I'll have probably 4 hours or so to kill before my 12:30am flight?
Suggest you lounge hop: start at the SQ lounge, and then walk the ~15 minutes to the BR lounge.
SQ lounge has better eats and wine. BR lounge has shower rooms and massage chairs.

SL
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:01 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SunLover
Suggest you lounge hop: start at the SQ lounge, and then walk the ~15 minutes to the BR lounge.
SQ lounge has better eats and wine. BR lounge has shower rooms and massage chairs.

SL
Thanks; sounds like a plan!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:41 am

I have unlimited Priority Pass membership and wants to try out a few lounges in Suvarnabhumi Airport.

What are the top 3 for cooked food and nice shower rooms?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by behyx
I have unlimited Priority Pass membership and wants to try out a few lounges in Suvarnabhumi Airport.

What are the top 3 for cooked food and nice shower rooms?
Slim pickings.

The Oman Air lounge in Concourse E has a shower room (1) but I've never used it. Typically it's where the cleaning woman gossip. There is some cooked food that seems to rotate, occasionally decent, sometimes not. Midday serenity and booze are their strong points.

Miracle Concourse D lounge has cooked food during certain times of the day. No idea of showers.

The remainder of lounges are nothing of note unless having been upgraded in the past year.
behyx likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Slim pickings.
+1 I find it amazing that there are so many lounge choices and yet almost all are mediocre and even worse than your typical USA lounge.

Originally Posted by SunLover
Concur 100% (I know exerda has already flown but this would be my advice to anyone with time to kill @BKK.

TG and Louis Tavern are not worth a visit unless you want a free coffee or soft drink and your time is limited.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
The SQ lounge has been renovated / moved. It is now down towards the same end as the BR lounge. So at least as far as *A lounges are concerned, your flight can be at the "good end" of the terminal (decent SQ and BR lounges, plus lousy TG lounges), or a long walk away at the "bad end" (only lousy TG lounges). Unfortunately lots of TG flights depart from the bad end.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo

TG and Louis Tavern are not worth a visit unless you want a free coffee or soft drink and your time is limited.

Louis Tavern has been renamed as Miracle Lounges... as in it's a miracle they are capable of staying in business while being so pedestrian.

The best PP lounge is, by far, Oman.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
....almost all are mediocre and even worse than your typical USA lounge.

Yikes! you really are setting the hurdle high. What Rest-of-the-World lounge could hope to compete with the luxury of the typical USA facility ?

..Louis Tavern are not worth a visit ..your time is limited.
Often wondered how this works.
Do they track you down when your time is up?
Hour of entry stamped on your forehead?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM
+1 I find it amazing that there are so many lounge choices and yet almost all are mediocre and even worse than your typical USA lounge.
I appreciate your sentiments, but that might be going too far.
IAN-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.