Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Reply

Old Oct 6, 18, 2:20 am
  #121  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: M&S, Radisson
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by amztourist View Post
It is what I'd originally considered, but I have to get a visa, moving from freezing Seoul to sweltering Bangkok is going to tire me out. So I plan to just relax at the airport.
The Oman Air lounge is def not a place I would want to spend nine hours. It doesn't offer much in terms of privacy. The one or two times I was there, it got fairly crowded before WY flight departures as well. Food and beverage offerings were alright, though.

Unless you're on a tight budget, I would consider a day room at a transit hotel. Or maybe do some lounge hopping.
1flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 18, 6:55 am
  #122  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
E gates - Priority Pass, Oman Biz lounge

Great lounge, lovely food, quiet, decent alcohol selection.
Ian Casey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 18, 1:42 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Shenzhen
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Silver
Posts: 649
Originally Posted by amztourist View Post
I will be transiting BKK for 9 hours in November (flying TG economy ICN-BKK-MAA) . I'm a PP holder, but my wife isn't. Reading through the forum, i get the idea that Oman Air Lounge is probably the best. Is it possible to swipe my PP twice for both of us to enter? I've never tried it before. I got the PP as a freebie while applying for a credit card.
You don't swipe it twice. They will register two people in one transaction against both boarding passes. You will, I guess, enter free with your PP membership and you'll be charged the regular rate by PP for the guest. The lounge will have no visibility of this. They will just process two people on your PP account.

I would also choose the Oman Air lounge. Not the largest but find yourself a corner and feast on the food and booze. Both better than the Miracle Lounges.
ftrichard is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 18, 7:08 am
  #124  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 57,641
Tried the Miracle lounge in the D-concourse (basically as soon as you pass immigration) for the first time and it was worth the visit. Definitely a very spacious shower room, and it's convenient as a pit-stop before moving to my usual choice of the AF/KLM lounge.
Plato90s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 18, 6:37 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,245
I just went to the CX lounge which was nice and relaxing and they serve Moet.

But the wanton noodles were quite dire this time around - the soup was very bland - surprising for Thailand.
SQTraveller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 8:36 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Programs: HH Gold, Marriott PP, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Posts: 4,730
Originally Posted by Plato90s View Post
Tried the Miracle lounge in the D-concourse (basically as soon as you pass immigration) for the first time and it was worth the visit. Definitely a very spacious shower room, and it's convenient as a pit-stop before moving to my usual choice of the AF/KLM lounge.
I tried this lounge for the first time last month and I liked it quite a bit. Quiet, plenty of seats available, nice selection of both hot and cold food.
Diplomatico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 6:44 pm
  #127  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 16,622
Originally Posted by Diplomatico View Post
I tried this lounge for the first time last month and I liked it quite a bit. Quiet, plenty of seats available, nice selection of both hot and cold food.
One of the advertised facilities on the PP app is aircon...

I've only visited the lounge on a contract basis for a flight to Bhutan and food and drink was sparse at the time. I'll give this another go soon then and compare my experience late night with mid-day offerings.

Last edited by dsquared37; Dec 5, 18 at 6:52 pm
dsquared37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 6:58 pm
  #128  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Programs: HH Gold, Marriott PP, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Posts: 4,730
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
One of the advertised facilities on the PP app is aircon...

I've only visited the lounge on a contract basis for a flight to Bhutan and food and drink was sparse at the time. I'll give this another go soon then and compare my experience late night with mid-day offerings.
If I'm remembering correctly, the hot food options were soup (of course), pasta with marinara sauce, stir fried chicken/veg, rice, and the ubiquitous variety of filled puff pastries. May have been some Chinese style steamed buns too (not sure though.) Variety of mini-sandwiches, desserts, noodle cups (ick), cookies, nuts, etc. Two dessert stations and functional espresso/cappuccino machines.

I don't remember being uncomfortably warm - and I was there mid-afternoon - so the aircon must be functional. Wifi was perfectly adequate for what I needed (i.e., I'm not a big video streaming type of guy.)

Edit: I don't drink when flying so cannot comment on the quality of adult beverages available.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Dec 5, 18 at 7:06 pm
Diplomatico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 18, 11:48 am
  #129  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 57,641
Originally Posted by Diplomatico View Post
I tried this lounge for the first time last month and I liked it quite a bit. Quiet, plenty of seats available, nice selection of both hot and cold food.
Indeed - it's well laid out to create nooks/noise isolation.

I personally like the area near the booths. It's close enough to the food areas but not so much that there's foot traffic, and the larger table of the booth is helpful at times.
Plato90s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 18, 2:24 pm
  #130  
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SNA/LAX
Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Plat Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Posts: 5,702
Flying TG924 BKK to MUC in economy which departs at 12:50 AM from I believe Terminal A. Flying with wife and two kids aged 7 and 10.

Which is the best Priority Pass at BKK in general and Terminal A in particular assuming we start boarding around midnight?

Thank you!

Edited to add that we are using PPS cards.

Last edited by Kalboz; Dec 13, 18 at 2:33 pm
Kalboz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 18, 7:58 pm
  #131  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 16,622
Originally Posted by Kalboz View Post
Flying TG924 BKK to MUC in economy which departs at 12:50 AM from I believe Terminal A. Flying with wife and two kids aged 7 and 10.

Which is the best Priority Pass at BKK in general and Terminal A in particular assuming we start boarding around midnight?

Thank you!

Edited to add that we are using PPS cards.
I like Oman for drink/bottled water, none for food. Some think the AF lounge is good, I can't comment on that. Miracle lounges are middling at best.

What is Terminal A? Do you mean concourse? There is only 1 (long and wide ranging) terminal at this point.
dsquared37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 18, 8:38 pm
  #132  
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SNA/LAX
Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Plat Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Posts: 5,702
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
I like Oman for drink/bottled water, none for food. Some think the AF lounge is good, I can't comment on that. Miracle lounges are middling at best.

What is Terminal A? Do you mean concourse? There is only 1 (long and wide ranging) terminal at this point.
Well, when you google TG 924, you will come up with Terminal/Gate which is A3. But you are right as Priority Pass website refers to the same area as International Concourse A.

Being that late at night, our food intake would be limited and we are not drinkers especially the kids Thank you for the AF suggestions, we have tried that at SEA and it was superior to KLM but the AS lounge was better than both!
Kalboz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 18, 9:30 pm
  #133  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: bay area, ca
Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat
Posts: 3,085
Originally Posted by ftrichard View Post
You don't swipe it twice. They will register two people in one transaction against both boarding passes. You will, I guess, enter free with your PP membership and you'll be charged the regular rate by PP for the guest. The lounge will have no visibility of this. They will just process two people on your PP account.

I would also choose the Oman Air lounge. Not the largest but find yourself a corner and feast on the food and booze. Both better than the Miracle Lounges.
How would you compare the Oman lounge food with the Cathay lounge if you've experienced both?
estnet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 18, 9:46 pm
  #134  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 16,622
Originally Posted by estnet View Post
How would you compare the Oman lounge food with the Cathay lounge if you've experienced both?
Oman has better snacks, a few entrees/rice depending upon the time of day. Dates, fruit, nuts at all hours. Booze is self serve and decent. Red and white wine, sparking white and rose. Bottles of water self serve as well. The biggest problem with Oman is the lack of outlets outside of the bench along the window and a table near the bathrooms. They also have a shower.

The CX lounge has a small self serve snack area and a counter order area with more selections. The bar is OK for selection but staff isn't always on the ball in speed or qualtiy of drink. Bathroom are built for more than 1 person at a time but no shower.
dsquared37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 18, 12:14 am
  #135  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Shenzhen
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Silver
Posts: 649
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
Oman has better snacks, a few entrees/rice depending upon the time of day. Dates, fruit, nuts at all hours. Booze is self serve and decent. Red and white wine, sparking white and rose. Bottles of water self serve as well. The biggest problem with Oman is the lack of outlets outside of the bench along the window and a table near the bathrooms. They also have a shower.

The CX lounge has a small self serve snack area and a counter order area with more selections. The bar is OK for selection but staff isn't always on the ball in speed or qualtiy of drink. Bathroom are built for more than 1 person at a time but no shower.
This. Although a smaller lounge, the food and drink are better than Cathay for the reasons stated and it's less crowded (because everyone and their dog seems to go into the Cathay one and I've been unable to get a seat at times there). If you get yourself a nice corner in the Oman lounge then you'll be happy.
ftrichard is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread