Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Old Jul 9, 18, 8:56 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
No, I was in fact talking about BKK. Admittedly, I have never used the lounge and it has been a while since I noticed it @ BKK, but doesn't PG still run a (domestic) lounge in Concourse A (with access for all PG pax)?

Airport Lounge - Bangkok Airways
Old Jul 9, 18, 10:36 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott PP, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
There is a general PP domestic lounge near gate A3 but no showers.

Wait to take your shower until you get to your hotel in Samui.
No, I was in fact talking about BKK. Admittedly, I have never used the lounge and it has been a while since I noticed it @ BKK, but doesn't PG still run a (domestic) lounge in Concourse A (with access for all PG pax)?

Airport Lounge - Bangkok Airways
Yes there is a PG lounge in terminal A at BKK; however, your original post stated it was a PP (Priority Pass) lounge. It is not.
Old Jul 9, 18, 2:21 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Sorry, my fault. I was referring to PG (Bangkok Airways) - I have no knowledge of PP (it is a US thing?) and lounge access.
Old Jul 9, 18, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Sorry, my fault. I was referring to PG (Bangkok Airways) - I have no knowledge of PP (it is a US thing?) and lounge access.
PP is the usual abbreviation for Priority Pass which is a worldwide program.
Old Jul 31, 18, 4:41 am

Question 8 hr layover in September!!

Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone can help

In September I have an 8 hr and 45 min layover at BKK from 3:30 pm to 12:15 am
I'm going to be relaxing and working on university homework while I'm there mainly so I'll need wifi and an outlet

I'm going to need to buy a pass and I need one that's 24 hr. I've had a look and I am just not sure as this is the first time I'm using an airport lounge
Also, I'll be on my own!

Will I need a Thailand power adaptor plug there?

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jul 31, 18, 5:35 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott PP, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by tessah View Post
Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone can help

In September I have an 8 hr and 45 min layover at BKK from 3:30 pm to 12:15 am
I'm going to be relaxing and working on university homework while I'm there mainly so I'll need wifi and an outlet

I'm going to need to buy a pass and I need one that's 24 hr. I've had a look and I am just not sure as this is the first time I'm using an airport lounge
Also, I'll be on my own!

Thanks in advance!!
For roughly the same price as a lounge pass, you might as well get a hotel room near the airport. Take a look at this place: at-residence

The rooms are small private bungalows, wifi included, free 24 hr shuttle to/from the airport (5 minutes drive), small restaurant on-site. It's clean, has a bed and a shower. IMO, you'd be much more comfortable there than sitting in an airport lounge for 8 hours.
Old Jul 31, 18, 5:39 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Delta - DM, MM; Marriott - Peon; Hilton/HI: SubPeon
Originally Posted by tessah View Post

Depending on what plugs you carry, likely not. Thailand has a plethora of international multi-sockets which take US, UK and Euro (maybe more) plugs.
Old Jul 31, 18, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico View Post
For roughly the same price as a lounge pass, you might as well get a hotel room near the airport. Take a look at this place:

The rooms are small private bungalows, wifi included, free 24 hr shuttle to/from the airport (5 minutes drive), small restaurant on-site. It's clean, has a bed and a shower. IMO, you'd be much more comfortable there than sitting in an airport lounge for 8 hours.
Thanks for your prompt reply!
I was considering a hotel but as this is my first time having a layover on my own I'm a tad nervous about somehow missing my connecting flight! I'm only 20 and started flying on my own last year so I don't know if I was the stress!!
I will have a look into it though so thanks for the advice!
Old Jul 31, 18, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by tanglin View Post
Depending on what plugs you carry, likely not. Thailand has a plethora of international multi-sockets which take US, UK and Euro (maybe more) plugs.
Thanks, I'm Australian so I'll bring one just in case!
Old Oct 5, 18, 10:17 am

I will be transiting BKK for 9 hours in November (flying TG economy ICN-BKK-MAA) . I'm a PP holder, but my wife isn't. Reading through the forum, i get the idea that Oman Air Lounge is probably the best. Is it possible to swipe my PP twice for both of us to enter? I've never tried it before. I got the PP as a freebie while applying for a credit card.
Old Oct 5, 18, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT & 4.28 MM, QR PLT, SPG LT PLT
Originally Posted by amztourist View Post
I will be transiting BKK for 9 hours in November (flying TG economy ICN-BKK-MAA).
Nine hours? Take the train into the city.
Old Oct 5, 18, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by amztourist View Post
Is it possible to swipe my PP twice for both of us to enter? I've never tried it before. I got the PP as a freebie while applying for a credit card.
Depends on the credit card. The Priority Pass 'Select' bundled with Amex Platinum (US) and Amex Hilton Aspire, for instance, allows 2 free guests along with unlimited free entries, whereas some offers only cover the membership fee with a pay-per-visit fee, with others in between with a finite number of entries per year.

Better to check your credit card's website as the Priority Pass website is less than explicit about what is covered for partner offers: 'For details on your Priority Pass membership, please contact your card issuer.'
Old Oct 5, 18, 5:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott PLT; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
Originally Posted by Diplomatico View Post
Yes there is a PG lounge in terminal A at BKK; however, your original post stated it was a PP (Priority Pass) lounge. It is not.
As an update for anyone reading, PG's J lounge (not the basic one) is now a PP lounge.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Oct 6, 18, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
Nine hours? Take the train into the city.
It is what I'd originally considered, but I have to get a visa, moving from freezing Seoul to sweltering Bangkok is going to tire me out. So I plan to just relax at the airport.
Old Oct 6, 18, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by monahos View Post
Depends on the credit card. The Priority Pass 'Select' bundled with Amex Platinum (US) and Amex Hilton Aspire, for instance, allows 2 free guests along with unlimited free entries, whereas some offers only cover the membership fee with a pay-per-visit fee, with others in between with a finite number of entries per year.

Better to check your credit card's website as the Priority Pass website is less than explicit about what is covered for partner offers: 'For details on your Priority Pass membership, please contact your card issuer.'
Thanks, bank wasn't very helpful, so thought I'd asked if there is a generic policy. I do have the option of getting an add-on credit card which also comes with a complimentary PP, so I'll probably try that route.

Search this Thread