Reload this Page >

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:36 pm

I visited SQ Lounge recently and loved it. Flight was at 9:45AM so had the breakfast selection, which included Haagen Dazs ice cream! The KF Lounges in SIN don't even those (only durian "es potong"). How is the lunch/dinner offering, btw?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I visited SQ Lounge recently and loved it. Flight was at 9:45AM so had the breakfast selection, which included Haagen Dazs ice cream! The KF Lounges in SIN don't even those (only durian "es potong"). How is the lunch/dinner offering, btw?
Yes it's very good, but still no showers...
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Plato90s
None of the BKK lounges really stand out from the others. I usually just pick whatever lounge is most convenient to the gate.

If I were at HKG/SIN/TPE for multi-hour layover, I'd get picky about which lounge to use. At BKK... I don't bother.
My next time through BKK, I will have a 5-hour layover or so. My plan is to get a massage in the TG lounge, but would I best be served spending the rest of the late night/early morning hours elsewhere? More a spot where there will be less people...
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

5 hours is tough.... too little time to really leave the airport but a loooong time to spend in the terminal.

Depending on whether I came off a long inbound flight... I might fork out the money for the transit hotel. It'll be ~$120 but might be worth it to be able to stretch out in a real bed for a nap after a shower.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:27 am

Suggest Best PP lounge for BKK airport

Hello everyone,
I am having priority pass membership.
My flight time is 22:15.
There are 11 number of lounges at BKK Airport
So please suggest me best priority pass lounge in Bangkok Airport which offers wide range of drinks.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
My next time through BKK, I will have a 5-hour layover or so. My plan is to get a massage in the TG lounge, but would I best be served spending the rest of the late night/early morning hours elsewhere? More a spot where there will be less people...
I don't think any of the *A lounges at BKK are 24 hours; what's your plan after getting kicked out when they close? Pay to go to the Miracle Lounges? I think you can rent dayrooms...

http://www.miracletransithotel.com/

(I'm assuming you get in around midnight and leave around 5 am given your post talking about "late night/early morning hours"- FWIW, the Spa lounge you're referring to is closed at 11:30 pm.)

Originally Posted by Plato90s
5 hours is tough.... too little time to really leave the airport but a loooong time to spend in the terminal.
Plus the train into town shuts down by midnight and doesn't start until morning, so it's taxi into town nboth ways. Plus maybe getting dinged for the airport fee (OP won't be dinged if staying in transit). I might do a bed in a nearby airport hotel like you suggest, might decide otherwise (transit hotel, lounge crashing) based on price/convenience tradeoffs (spending an hour schlepping stuff to a hotel and only getting a short nap then schlepping it all back and going through security might not be worth all the trouble).

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 17, 2018 at 12:34 pm
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was referring to the in-terminal transit hotel - hence the ~$120 estimate. It's much more expensive than day rooms, so I'd consider it as a hotel.

Personally, I wish more international airports have day-rooms like Narita airport. It's quite nice to be able to take an hour (~$15USD) to take a shower, stretch out on a bed for a nap, and only then get back into the mindset of terminal/aircraft. That's why I often opt for a longer transit (~3hr) if coming in on a transpac flight.

Priority Pass is probably an easier option for access to the 24-hour lounges, and multiple premium-credit cards like Chase Reserve offer PP as a card benefit.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jack30
Hello everyone,
I am having priority pass membership.
My flight time is 22:15.
There are 11 number of lounges at BKK Airport
So please suggest me best priority pass lounge in Bangkok Airport which offers wide range of drinks.
The best option is the Oman Air lounge for drinks certainly and their food offering is passable for a Bangkok lounge.

No idea when they close however.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by smokie36
The best option is the Oman Air lounge for drinks certainly and their food offering is passable for a Bangkok lounge.

No idea when they close however.
Lounge is open 5AM-8:30PM.
smokie36 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
TG is now apparently marketing "day pass" access to their lounges at BKK. AFAIK, day passes have been available at the Royal Orchid lounges for 1500 THB for quite some time so this isn't really "news".....though this is the first that I've seen where TG is openly marketing said access.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/06/24/...class-lounges/
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:29 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
OVERALL, based on my experience, I LOVE the EVA lounge, the decor, lighting, food variety, even the stupid microwaved pizza tastes better than majority of pizza in canada (sad, i know).

sq lounge is very nice but they only have the high quality food 2 hours before an sq departure. once those planes kick it's just cold cuts and maybe that noodle soup you can make.

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
TG is now apparently marketing "day pass" access to their lounges at BKK. AFAIK, day passes have been available at the Royal Orchid lounges for 1500 THB for quite some time so this isn't really "news".....though this is the first that I've seen where TG is openly marketing said access.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/06/24/...class-lounges/
gross. the tg lounges really are not that nice. including the one for business class only pax. mediocre food, always crowded, nah.

Originally Posted by qsharp
Depends on how much time you have and how far you are willing to walk.

Of all *A lounges, try to avoid TG lounges, both too crowded and food being underwhelming. SQ, EVA and Oman Air have decent selection, with SQ being the best for me in terms of Asian comfort food, Macallan 12yrs and fresh young coconuts.

PP lounges are about the same level while the big Miracle lounge offers you the most, with own in-terminal open air garden for smokers, noodles and soups made-to-order and the usual buffet selection.
​​​
ok so it sounds like best PP is miragle lounge. which one is the "big miracle lounge", the first class one?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:53 am

Arriving on Finnair J and connecting to Bangkok Airways (seperate ticket). I understand there aren't much options here as no arrivals lounge and no PP domestic lounge. Are there any paid loungers/showers anywhere? I have a 3.5 hours between flights.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
There is a general PP domestic lounge near gate A3 but no showers.

Wait to take your shower until you get to your hotel in Samui.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm not aware of any PP domestic lounge in BKK nor does the app corroborate any presence. Are you sure of this?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SK AAR

Wait to take your shower until you get to your hotel in Samui.
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm not aware of any PP domestic lounge in BKK nor does the app corroborate any presence. Are you sure of this?
I think SK AAR is talking about the airport in Koh Samui and, according to the PP lounge directory, there is one between gates 2 and 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.