Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Old Aug 24, 17, 6:47 pm

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
OK, so they're not the best in the world, and TG's are probably the poorest example of an airline's hub lounge. As an aside, I am hesitant to eat at the TG lounges as I got food poisoning once and almost sent to quarantine at TPE as a result of the high fever. 3 days of hell at my apartment in Taichung. I have a OS business flight next month, so I hope they use the SQ or BR lounges. Doubt it.

That said, I usually use the CX lounge and find their food offering good, especially their dim sum and wonton soup. My Thai GF likes the pad thai as well.

I like the CI lounge especially the drink selection-Johnny Walker Gold. And, their dim sum is decent.

I used the Miracle FC lounge near the Bangkok Airlines Lounge with a friend and thought it was good, though I had just used the Bangkok Airlines lounge waiting for my friends to arrive for our flight to REP.

Last edited by rbAA; Aug 24, 17 at 7:29 pm
Old Aug 24, 17, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
Louis Tavern has been renamed as Miracle Lounges... as in it's a miracle they are capable of staying in business while being so pedestrian.
Is that what happened to me?

For my ANA flight invitation said Thai, BR or Miracle Lounge, which happened to be right by my gate.

You could see inside from the walkway, and it did not look too inviting, but I thought I'd try it.

MISTAKE

Guess it's OK if that is your only choice, but man, the only English language publication was day old Bangkok Times

No good alcohol if that is your thing - for 6:50 a.m. departure it didn't matter, but just a poor selection

And for those of you who want to know how I really feel .....
Old Aug 28, 17, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post
Guess it's OK if that is your only choice, but man, the only English language publication was day old Bangkok Times
Well the BR lounge doesn't exactly have a great selection of English language periodicals either. On a recent visit, I found a Taipei Times. The choice of drinks and food is a definite improvement though.
Old Sep 1, 17, 12:23 am

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO View Post
Well the BR lounge doesn't exactly have a great selection of English language periodicals either. On a recent visit, I found a Taipei Times. The choice of drinks and food is a definite improvement though.
They had the Daily Mail also, well-that's not really a NEWS paper. The pictures may appeal to someone though.

And, just to correct something I posted earlier, OS does use both the BR and SQ lounges. Did BR last night before our red eye to VIS. Will use the SQ next month on the return leg (as we have a BKK-SIN segment.)
Old Sep 2, 17, 2:10 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Does anyone know what lounge (if any) Air Macau uses at BKK? couldn't find any info on their site.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 15, 17, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
I used the Miracle FC lounge near the Bangkok Airlines Lounge with a friend and thought it was good, though I had just used the Bangkok Airlines lounge waiting for my friends to arrive for our flight to REP.
I also used the Miracle lounge but this was near the SQ lounge (is it the same one?) --- I wrote a report about it during my trip to Bangkok in July 2017; see the report here.

I quite enjoyed it. The food was mediocre, but it was very quiet which is what I like and it had a fair selection of alcoholic drinks.
Old Sep 15, 17, 8:59 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post

I quite enjoyed it. The food was mediocre, but it was very quiet which is what I like and it had a fair selection of alcoholic drinks.
Found the photos via link to your mini report, and it looks like the same lounge inside.

IIRC there were two side by side and another one across hallway - being a night person I'm not at my sharpest at 5 a.m.

It was quiet, but IMHO you give the food too much credit, and obviously you and I don't have the same taste in alcohol

May try another lounge in December or just stick with Thai lounge that is much busier, but to me feels more comfortable.
Old Sep 16, 17, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post
Found the photos via link to your mini report, and it looks like the same lounge inside.

IIRC there were two side by side and another one across hallway - being a night person I'm not at my sharpest at 5 a.m.

It was quiet, but IMHO you give the food too much credit, and obviously you and I don't have the same taste in alcohol

May try another lounge in December or just stick with Thai lounge that is much busier, but to me feels more comfortable.
HAHAHA --- I'm a bit promiscuous when it comes to alcohol... Just give me some and I'll be happy.
Old Sep 23, 17, 3:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum; Priority Club Spire; HHonors Silver
I was in the reopened KLM/AF Sky lounge yesterday and it was perfectly accessible. Not too busy, clean and a reasonable selection of food. Certainly much better than Crowne Lounge 25 at AMS, where I was about 12 hours later.
Old Jan 4, 18, 9:49 am

BKK lounge recommendation

Long-time forum reader, first time poster. I'll be flying through BKK twice later this year. HAN-BKK-CNX and CNX-BKK-SYD. Both trips in TG business class. Also *G (United) and UC member. Looking for recommendations on which lounges in BKK are the best (excluding Royal First which I can't access). From what I've read elsewhere, the SilverKris or EVA are nicer than the Royal Silk/Orchid options. Any thoughts? Thanks to all.
Old Jan 4, 18, 10:47 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
all much the same. I always park at whichever is closest to my departure gate.
Old Jan 4, 18, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Agree with IluvSQ - none of the BKK lounges are particularly memorable. Some are worse than others in terms of available food/beverages but none of them measure up to the level of top notch lounges in HKG/SIN.

When the airport was built, they didn't give a lot of consideration to lounges as opposed to maximum retail space for King Power and associated shops....
Old Jan 4, 18, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by nycflyer1565 View Post
Long-time forum reader, first time poster. I'll be flying through BKK twice later this year. HAN-BKK-CNX and CNX-BKK-SYD. Both trips in TG business class. Also *G (United) and UC member. Looking for recommendations on which lounges in BKK are the best (excluding Royal First which I can't access). From what I've read elsewhere, the SilverKris or EVA are nicer than the Royal Silk/Orchid options. Any thoughts? Thanks to all.
For the domestic connection you have no choice, there's only one lounge in the domestic concourses to choose from and it's across from A3 IIRC.

For the outbound Int connection I've always found the SQ lounge better for food/drink than any TG (save TG F) lounge but I have yet to visit the new incarnation at D8. My personal preference is avoiding TG lounges entirely (again, save TG F) even if it requires a walk across the D concourse but that's far from universal in appeal. At this point the better lounges are concentrated in the D/E/F/G area and pickings in C are slim.

Don't forget you'll have access on the return for a 30 min massage in the TG Spa Lounge should you decide to avail yoruself of it.
Old Jan 5, 18, 11:07 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Privilege Club
Urgent! Air China from BKK to PVG, leaving in the middle of the night, what lounge??

Urgent advise needed.... I'm booked on AC806 tomorrow morning at 4.20 from BKK to PVG, in R. It never occurred to me that the usual lounges might not be open, as I never flew AC or at this miserable hour before. Now I do, and find that the 'usual suspects' are closed from about 2 am til 5 am. Very inconvenient. As was the whole Air China experience so far, I must say. First and last time.

Does anyone here have an idea what to do?

Thank you all!
Old Jan 5, 18, 11:16 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Why do you post this in the LH M&M forum?

Has nothing to do with LH.

Secondly, you are not on AC (Air Canada). You are on CA806

Anyway, I assume you will survive without lounge access. Sit down at the gate, close your eyes and relax. You will be fine.

Search this Thread