Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Which lounge is best at BKK?

Old Dec 15, 18, 7:53 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat
Originally Posted by ftrichard View Post
This. Although a smaller lounge, the food and drink are better than Cathay for the reasons stated and it's less crowded (because everyone and their dog seems to go into the Cathay one and I've been unable to get a seat at times there). If you get yourself a nice corner in the Oman lounge then you'll be happy.
Thanks to both replies - I'll try Oman next time I'm there - I am a bit partial to Cathays Som Tum and reasonable champagne - but the bar hot dishes are just okay
Old Jan 4, 19, 2:32 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OneWorld Emerald
Oneworld Emerald flyer here on QR.
As QR has an agreement with Thai Airways I can make use of Royal Orchid of Silk lounges. Which is the best Thai Airways lounge available in BKK?
Old Jan 6, 19, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by EuroFlash View Post
As QR has an agreement with Thai Airways I can make use of Royal Orchid of Silk lounges. Which is the best Thai Airways lounge available in BKK?
I didnít go in but the one near D1 looked really nice and massive from the outside
Old Jan 6, 19, 4:30 am

5pm at BKK.

miracle business at D5 - one chicken dish, steamed rice and one shrimp dish. Self serve alcohol. Very airy lounge with separate dining area but quite busy

Oman at E - delicious Indian dishes. Self serve alcohol. Tiny, packed and PP has restricted hours. Got a bite and left since it felt almost claustrophobically crowded.

AF/KLM at F - similar three or four dishes, plenty of space. Self serve alcohol but smaller collection maybe.

Did not use showers.

Agree with consensus eat at Oman, chill somewhere else.
Old Jan 13, 19, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by smokie36 View Post
The best option is the Oman Air lounge for drinks certainly and their food offering is passable for a Bangkok lounge.

No idea when they close however.
Didn't realise it was open to Priority Pass membership. Thanks for the idea!
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
Concur 100% (I know exerda has already flown but this would be my advice to anyone with time to kill @BKK.

TG and Louis Tavern are not worth a visit unless you want a free coffee or soft drink and your time is limited.
Just realized I never revisited this thread. The BR lounge showers are well worth it. Far superior to anything in the other *A lounges.

Still not impressed with the food choices at anything *A in BKK, but I will always return to BR, particularly if after a long, hot day in Bangkok and in need of a refreshing shower.
Old Mar 1, 19, 7:52 pm

I'm sure I've read of a Miracle Lounge, I think in Concourse D, that had an outdoor smoking area. Has that smoking area survived the recent cull? Or any other ones after security?
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The open-air garden in Miracle concourse D is still there as of mid-Feb 2019, and smokers are indeed still using it.
Old Mar 8, 19, 2:10 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OneWorld Emerald
Originally Posted by EuroFlash View Post
Used the JAL lounge and I must say I was VERY satisfied. Great shower facilities and choice of food.