Wiki Posts
Search

New Checkin procedure for DMK?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
New Checkin procedure for DMK?

I was just informed by a work colleague that he had to checkin in for a South-Bound NOK air flight from terminal 2 (this after waiting in line at terminal 1). There was no signage identifying this change. Anyone else have further information?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by DirtyDan
I was just informed by a work colleague that he had to checkin in for a South-Bound NOK air flight from terminal 2 (this after waiting in line at terminal 1). There was no signage identifying this change. Anyone else have further information?
I believe all domestic flights made the switch on the 24th.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail...sid=1450335728

As expected, the switch could have been handled better.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Semi-soft (half-baked) opening on 24 Dec. Maybe full opening in February?

Some/many/most all domestic services have/will move there.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...inal-2-reopens

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busi...-30275626.html

http://www.nokair.com/content/en/ann...terminal2.aspx

Last edited by transpac; Dec 30, 2015 at 7:57 am
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
As others have said, domestic flights now use Terminal 2. Most domestic airline websites highlight this change (starting Dec 24).

I checked in on a domestic flight a few days after Dec 24 and Terminal 2 was full with long lines so appears some/many people know this as well.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
We had a late morning flight on Dec 24 and did the walk of shame over to T2. It actually was not bad so long as you weren't flying FD or SL who's lines were absurd and blocking progress further down the terminal to the DD counters.

One very odd thing was, after checking in and checking a bag, we were told to proceed to 'baggage handling office' immediately behind the checkin area where some would yell out, in Thai, 'green bag phuket ok'. 'Black bag Ubon ok.' etc etc. It's an entirely asinine system.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by dsquared37
..so long as you weren't flying FD or SL who's lines were absurd and blocking progress further down the terminal to the DD counters.
I was flying SL and it had by far the longest lines. I was in line for an hour plus. However it is the year-end holiday season in Thailand after all. Just to be safe, I would advise arriving at DMK at least 2 hours before an SL flight.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
One very odd thing was, after checking in and checking a bag, we were told to proceed to 'baggage handling office' immediately behind the checkin area where some would yell out, in Thai, 'green bag phuket ok'. 'Black bag Ubon ok.' etc etc. It's an entirely asinine system.
Happened to me too. As I understand it, that's where they scan your bags before manually loading onto a pushcart for transport to aircraft hold. The reason they request your presence is in case something comes up in the scan. After they put your bag onto cart, you're good to go. At least, that's what I understood from speaking to the check-in agent - I speak OK, but not native-level, Thai.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by tide
Happened to me too. As I understand it, that's where they scan your bags before manually loading onto a pushcart for transport to aircraft hold. The reason they request your presence is in case something comes up in the scan. After they put your bag onto cart, you're good to go. At least, that's what I understood from speaking to the check-in agent - I speak OK, but not native-level, Thai.
Yes, that's my understanding too.... but unless you join the mob in front of the window it's 1) rather difficult to hear and 2) impossible to know if it's your bag they are speaking about. Many people gave up and just walked away.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
And you wonder why I won't use DMK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.