Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

BKK International to Domestic Transfer

BKK International to Domestic Transfer

Old May 31, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
CNX.

This site not only details the process, but uses CNX-DMK-XXX as the example and includes pictures of the signage at DMK, https://www.thetravelbrief.com/brief...ss-in-thailand
Diplomatico likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assume Thai Air Asia (FD):

https://support.airasia.com/s/articl...language=en_GB
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by CJKatl
CNX.

This site not only details the process, but uses CNX-DMK-XXX as the example and includes pictures of the signage at DMK, https://www.thetravelbrief.com/brief...ss-in-thailand
Thank you. Very helpful.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kq747
I've read through this thread and cant get a definitive answer; did you have a mobile BP and they said you need a paper one? Would a home printed one have worked?

I'm thinking of flying into BKK on EK and then connecting to a separate PNR TG flight to HKT [HBO] and would like to use the CIQ/midfield option as it would be a tight connection but would likely have a mobile BP for TG
I had a home printed boarding pass for Bangkok Airways and had to change it at the counter for one printed by them. I can't speak for TG, but there is also a TG counter right there, so even if you have to switch it out, you can use the midfield option as long as you don't have checked luggage.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:43 pm

This website walks you through transferring through BKK from an international arrival to a domestic flight on a different ticket without checked baggage, complete with pictures. Note there are slightly different instructions for Bangkok Airways and other carriers.

I have done this several times. It's easy and well marked. When starting a journey in the US the domestic Thai flight's boarding pass is not available when leaving home for the airport. IIRC even when I have been able to pull up a mobile boarding pass during a layover I still needed to stop at the midfield counter to get a printed BP in BKK. IIRC I needed this for the midfield immigration but used my mobile boarding pass to get aboard the actual flight. There is never a line and getting the BP is quick.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jun 3, 2019 at 9:26 am
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Appreciate the responses!
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
My son and I arrive in BKK and then he connects at DMK for another international flight. I know that there is a coach connecting from BKK to DMK and would they let both of us travel on the coach to DMK? The flight arrives at around 1130 and his connection is around 1700 from DMK. Is it worth taking the coach as it is also free or just take a taxi but I do not want to arrive too early at DMK either by taking a taxi.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:24 am

IME, if you do not have a flight leaving DMK you will not be allowed on the free bus connecting the two airports. You need to show your flight confirmation either inside the airport or at a table just outside the airport (where you get the bus) to get on the bus. Having a printed copy is best, as I once had trouble accessing my reservation online and was almost not allowed on the bus until I could access the flight confirmation online.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:22 am

Thanks CJ. The Taxi is then what I have to take. It is around noon so there would not be much traffic and I guess I have to wait at bit at DMK for his flight departure.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:46 am

IIRC there is a third option. There is a not-free direct mini-bus that costs around 30 Baht (~$1USD) per person. I seem to remember being told about it the time I was almost denied boarding on the free bus, so the price may have gone up.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:50 am

Thanks again CJ. I will check on it and if my flight arrives on time, then I have plenty of time to get to DMK.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:41 pm

Hi, I have a similar query as @Frequent flyer 101 and having read this topic I suspect the answer to my queries will be no - but wanted to double check before my trip.

I'm flying business class with checked baggage Qatar LGW - BKK via Doha. I then have a wait for several hours before taking a Bangkok airways flight from BKK to CNX. I booked the tickets separately with each airline.

My first query is whether I can avail myself of the airlines code sharing agreement and have my checked luggage transferred straight through to CNX without having to collect it in BKK and then recheck it for the CNX flight.

Secondly, with time to kill in BKK is there anyway to use my Qatar business ticket to access their lounge on arrival and prior to going to the Bangkok airways flight? i had some joy in a similar situation - travelling an AA domestic flight to catch an international BA flight business class and was able to use lounges at all points of the journey.

Thanks

Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:34 am

Bangkok Airways has a separate lounge for all their passenger be it business or economy at BKK. Of course they are separate lounges.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:27 am

Thanks - I was hoping to use the Qatar lounge on arrival from their flight as it will
be a lot nicer than the Bangkok air one - any idea as to whether this would be possible?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Davidmcclen
Thanks - I was hoping to use the Qatar lounge on arrival from their flight as it will
be a lot nicer than the Bangkok air one - any idea as to whether this would be possible?
No. There is no Qatar Arrivals lounge and you won't have access to the Departures one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.