Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

BKK International to Domestic Transfer

BKK International to Domestic Transfer

Old Jun 21, 17, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will you have checked bags?

If you don't, or can check them through to CNX, then I think you can use the mid-field transfer process.

http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/22...-boarding-pass

http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/10...-boarding-pass
Old Jun 22, 17, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by transpac View Post
Will you have checked bags?

If you don't, or can check them through to CNX, then I think you can use the mid-field transfer process.[/url]
Can that be done with a mobile boarding pass? I know my usual airline (EK) don't allow their use at BKK, but not sure if that's an airport or an airline decision.
Old Jun 22, 17, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Can that be done with a mobile boarding pass?

No, but the domestic transfer desks are proximal to the transfer immigration area at the A/B/C/D confluence.
Old Jun 24, 17, 11:38 pm

Programs: EK Pleb
Originally Posted by entrada View Post
Resurrecting an old thread to ask a similar question:

I will be transiting BKK arriving BKK on Sri Lankan Airlines and departing for CNX on Thai Smile. The Thai Smile ticket will be a separate ticket.

Will I be able to use the special transit procedures or must I go through the normal arrival procedures? I will (hopefully) have already checked into the Thai Smile flight and will have a record of that on my phone.

Thank you
If you have checked luggage then it is highly unlikely that UL will check your luggage through to CNX. The reasons for this is that UL does not have an interline agreement with WE.

Even when there are interline agreements, many airlines are now refusing to check luggage through when the passenger is travelling on two separate tickets. Apparently this is something to do with: a) ticket pricing rules and b) if your luggage gets lost/damaged between BKK and CNX, UL will still be responsible for compensation.

You can always ask when you check-in for your UL flight, but don’t be surprised if they say no. If this is the case then when you arrive at BKK you’ll need to follow that arrivals signs to immigration, collect your luggage and then clear customs. Once ‘landside’, proceed up two levels to departures and check-in at the ThaiSmile counter.

A 3 hour layover at BKK will be ample time for the transfer.

Hope you have a good trip.
Old Oct 31, 17, 2:53 am

bkk international to domestic transfer

I will be transiting BKK arriving BKK on Qatar airways and departing for HKT on Thai Vietjet. The Thai Vietjet ticket will be a separate ticket. I will travel only cabin bags.

Will I be able to use the special transit procedures or must I go through the normal arrival procedures?

Thank you
Old Oct 31, 17, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tiri View Post

I will be transiting BKK arriving BKK on Qatar airways and departing for HKT on Thai Vietjet. The Thai Vietjet ticket will be a separate ticket. I will travel only cabin bags.

Will I be able to use the special transit procedures or must I go through the normal arrival procedures?

Thank you
Welcome to FT tiri though you seem to have the parlance down already.

As there's no transfer desk for Thai Vietjet you are unlikely to be successful in navigating the transfer immigration/security at A/B/C/D concourse confluence. I don't know if you can check in online and print a BP nor if that will satisfy the authorities for that channel.

Best bet is to expect to deal with the main immigration hall and then head upstairs to check in area for VZ
Old Oct 31, 17, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume that you could the mid-field passport control, Customs and security check-point connection.

http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/22...-boarding-pass

Old Oct 31, 17, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transpac View Post
I assume that you could the mid-field passport control, Customs and security check-point connection.

Looking for the transfer desk will yield a null field unless pax is flying TG/WE/PG. And those, incidentally, are the only airlines pictured in your link.

It's doubtful OP will be able to navigate midfield immi/security.
Old Oct 31, 17, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
Looking for the transfer desk will yield a null field unless pax is flying TG/WE/PG. And those, incidentally, are the only airlines pictured in your link.

It's doubtful OP will be able to navigate midfield immi/security.
I wrote directly to VJ whether it is possible or not. How do I get the answer I will know
Old Nov 1, 17, 3:33 am

I just got the answer

Originally Posted by tiri View Post
I wrote directly to VJ whether it is possible or not. How do I get the answer I will know
I just got the answer
"Dear Passenger

Thai Vietjet is a point-to-point carrier, passengers with connecting flight are required to have sufficient valid documents for entry at stop-over point, transit point in the journey. In addition, passengers are also required to receive the checked baggage (if any) and to complete check-in procedure for connecting flight.
Therefore you must go through the normal arrival procedures."
CJKatl likes this.
Old Nov 2, 17, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe leave plenty of time - between connections - to clear Arriving Immigration as there have been reports on Thai (and foreign) social media over the past week or so about issues at BKK (and even DMK).

example:

16:30 Hrs on the 31st Oct I arrived at the foot of the ramp into Immigration to where the queue and chaos started, of the 12 or so (24 Stations) "Foreign Passport Holders" only 9 were manned in fact as I was getting closer one guy closed his leaving 8. By the time I got to the luggage carousel a large pile had been removed and stacked off to one side. Near on 1 hour 50 minutes to get to the dreaded Taxi queue where I waited another 35 Minutes.

Even The VIP channel seems to be overwhelmed, at some times anyway.

Maybe it's the approach to the more traditional "high" season?

Some friends left via DMK to PNH on Saturday and reported very little wait-times. But then more friends left via DMK yesterday afternoon to HKG and said "it's a mess".
Old Jan 21, 18, 5:02 am

5J toTG

I arrive BKK from MNL on a 5J plane tomorrow. I am online checked in on my TG BKK CNX leg and have an old CIQ sticker just from two weeks ago. No bags to check in.

I will report if I make it thru the special airside immigration and transfer. I don't expect to but who knows, the TG counter is before the security check and with no checked bags all they need to do is print my bpass and wave me thru. Less work for everybody.
Old May 6, 18, 11:57 am

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by frobozzelectric View Post
I arrive BKK from MNL on a 5J plane tomorrow. I am online checked in on my TG BKK CNX leg and have an old CIQ sticker just from two weeks ago. No bags to check in.

I will report if I make it thru the special airside immigration and transfer. I don't expect to but who knows, the TG counter is before the security check and with no checked bags all they need to do is print my bpass and wave me thru. Less work for everybody.
Old post - but where is your follow up report on what happened?

Having an old CIQ sticker - interested to see if you managed to make that happen
Old May 9, 18, 3:22 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Does the CIQ process still work? All the links to the BKK airport website seem to be dead...
Old May 29, 18, 4:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
I have a question regarding an upcoming flight that would be booked from HEL via Finnair into BKK and then onto USM. All segments booked thru Finnair, but the BKK-USM segment is codeshare on Bangkok Airways.

I would be International Biz on Finnair to Domestic Biz on Bangkok Airways for the BKK-USM segment.
The travel agent has recommended booking me on a 2 hour layover in BKK, but I've heard horror stories about transfers at the BKK airport. I was planning on checking a bag since I'm traveling for a wedding (not mine).

Does anyone know if Finnair can check my bag all the way thru (since all segments would be purchased through them -- even though final segment is on partner)? Or because I'm going on to another Thai destination, is that not allowed?
Do I need to do any kind of customs/border control since I would be transferring on to the domestic terminal, most likely?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread