Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Thailand Sales, Promotions, Deals? Please Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand Sales, Promotions, Deals? Please Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:06 am

^^^^ They usually do a 50% off in the Spring. I hope this isn't it.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:08 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Another TAT promo that is very hard to find/book: http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/in-thailand/701344

If you know how to book this, please share!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
SPG Hot Deals: http://www.spghotescapes.com/en/search/thailand

The Westin Siray Bay $70

Le Méridien Phuket $96

ROS $90

Sheraton Pattaya $115
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Another TAT promo that is very hard to find/book: http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/in-thailand/701344

If you know how to book this, please share!
GTA is a consolidator/wholesaler so you'll have to find one of their retail reps.

http://gta-marketing.com/microsites/..._together.html

FWIW, many Thais buy domestic hotel packages at large-scale events, usually at 50% off. These events are put on every few months at different convention centers. You can check those sites for their calendars, these include Sirikit Convention Center, Impact/Muang Thong Thani, BiTEC.

The deals are quite amazing.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 pm

It seems like most thailand deals website (groupon, mydeal....) that I used before has closed. The main one still operating I think is ensogo. I've used them before but now it seems most (if not all their deals are listed mostly in thai). Anyone have good or bad experience using them or other thailand deal site in the last year or two?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:32 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Many domestic fares on sale now through 2016.

I've bought dozens of tickets in the past few days.
Air Asia from 290THB. The tickets that I wanted were 490++ (or 1033 all in, Round Trip)
Others were Nok Air for 1088 all in, and I even found a few cheap WE and TG dates here and there.

For Air Asia, if you can fix your dates through the fall to the end of Dec, some days the sale price is available almost every flight of the day.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by phiota
It seems like most thailand deals website (groupon, mydeal....) that I used before has closed. The main one still operating I think is ensogo. I've used them before but now it seems most (if not all their deals are listed mostly in thai). Anyone have good or bad experience using them or other thailand deal site in the last year or two?
The Australia groupon website often has nice Thailand deals as well...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by phiota
Ensogo moved entirely to Thai language about 2 years back. I last used ensogo a year ago with no issues. IIRC while the deal description is in Thai, the transaction itself (i.e. cc, address, name etc) can be performed in English
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Besides the $15 Air Asia fares I posted above,

Accor are having one of their super sales (and I think Hilton too)

I'm seeing the Sofitel Suk for 2900++
and 625/750/900++ for the three Ibis hotels.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

MR forum for Business class tickets to Boston
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...l#post25992389
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's probably old news, but a bunch of hotels are currently offering the third night free, although there may be better rates available. Examples include the Hyatt and at least some of the Starwoods.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:52 pm

Ord>bkk $637

Some dates in September on United. Connects through NRT with fairly short connecting times. Service from NRT>BKK on a ANA 787. Seems like a great deal, but I have not tried to actually book. I used ATA Matrix software to find the cheap dates.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel price cuts spurred by economy

The current economic downturn has pushed Thai people to tighten their belts, with a number of big hotel chains feeling the pinch and offering big discounts on rooms to stay afloat. The hotels are competing...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...red-by-economy
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by transpac

The current economic downturn has pushed Thai people to tighten their belts, with a number of big hotel chains feeling the pinch and offering big discounts on rooms to stay afloat. The hotels are competing...

Apparently Marriott didn't get the memo.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by transpac

For the 3 weeks we were there most properties were at almost full capacity, Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese tours are all over the place, and the US$ went from 35.25 bahts to 34.75 at SuperRich. Marriott properties that we usually get in the 3K baht were over 5K baht during the same 3 weeks. SPG's were stratospheric and beyond approach. We burnt many Marriott, IHG, and some Hilton points on hotel redemption. Lucked out on the Hilton 40% off APAC-wide sale and put the newly comped HH Diamond status to test.

Prices in Bangkok in general comparing to last year were up 10-50% on most items we purchase, including street food. The same exact gifts (pillow covers, scarfs, etc.) we purchased last year for 300-350 Baht at Jim Thompson's Outlet were 550-820 Baht each, more than doubled. The cheap folkloric gifts sold by street vendors along Ratchdamri in front of CentralWorld were nowhere to be found - they are all gone! The souvenir/luggage shop that was on the food court floor at Big C Ratchdamri where we bought Pashmina in bulk for 80 Baht apiece was gone to be replaced by a tiny corner shop on the first floor that sells the same sarongs for 250 Baht each and wouldn't haggle on the price regardless of many items we bought!!! Ended up going to Naraya-Sukhumvit 24 for gift items.

Maybe our situation is anecdotal, but Thailand seems economically healthy especially in the tourism sector, as we observed. So I don't see what this article is talking about!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.