Reload this Page >

Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: LH, AB & CX Gold, SIXT Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, etc.
RajaŽs vs. Pinky

Hi everybody,

IŽll be in Bangkok in early September and would like to have two suits and may be a couple of shirts made. I had a couple of suits and shirts made at Pinky which are still in a good shape after three years. Last year I got a coat made at Tailor on ten which seemed also quite nice, but the fabrics turned out to be not very durable. This year I am still undecided between returning to Pinky or giving RajaŽs a try. Has anyone experience with both of them and compare the two in terms of cost, fabrics, durability and tailor abilities?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Bangkok tailors

There are so many tailors in Bangkok. Nearly everyone who has been there has his or her favorite, including me. If you're happy with Pinky's, had a good experience there, the clothes were durable, and you like the way they both fit and look, I'd stick with Pinky's.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
^^ What Dr. HFH said...
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
How much time should I calculate with for a suit and/or shirts? I know that overnight service can leave much to be desired.

I'll arrive on a Friday p.m, leave BKK Mon or Tue and back on Thu evening, leaving the country Fri morning.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
How much time should I calculate with for a suit and/or shirts? I know that overnight service can leave much to be desired.

I'll arrive on a Friday p.m, leave BKK Mon or Tue and back on Thu evening, leaving the country Fri morning.
The answer probably depends a bit on the tailor but my advice would be to see a tailor on the Fri and tell him you need the stuff till Tue morning. This will probably mean first fitting for shirts on Sat and suits on Sun. Then it really depends on the amount of work that needs to be done. You could have two fittings a day. Having those extra two days when you return will give you a good chance to get everything done right. Just don't tell them you will be back unless you are absolutely happy with the result you have.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:57 am

Thumbs up for Tailor on Ten !!!

Originally Posted by Rocket2511
Hi everybody,

IŽll be in Bangkok in early September and would like to have two suits and may be a couple of shirts made. I had a couple of suits and shirts made at Pinky which are still in a good shape after three years. Last year I got a coat made at Tailor on ten which seemed also quite nice, but the fabrics turned out to be not very durable. This year I am still undecided between returning to Pinky or giving RajaŽs a try. Has anyone experience with both of them and compare the two in terms of cost, fabrics, durability and tailor abilities?
Dear everybody,

I am writing this as an update to my post mentioned above. After my first post Alex sent me a PM asking what was wrong with the coats and what he could to about it. We agreed to bring the coats with us to BKK.
When in BKK, we had a visit to the new store of Tailor on Ten (which is in the very end of Soi 8 now). Without any discussion we were offered in-store credit for the coats and were explained that dry cleaning could settle our issue with the fabrics (fuzzing). Unfortunately it turned out, that this was not really a solution. Nevertheless they gave us full credit, which i consider a generous offer.
I decided to get two suits and shirts, and Tailor on Ten delivered excellent results at all items. I left the shop as a very satisfied customer and will return for sure when next time in BKK. When you visit Tailor on Ten have a look at the ties they are offering, they are a true bargain.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:04 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by Rocket2511
I decided to get two suits and shirts, and Tailor on Ten delivered excellent results at all items. I left the shop as a very satisfied customer and will return for sure when next time in BKK. When you visit Tailor on Ten have a look at the ties they are offering, they are a true bargain.
Can you give us prices?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Can you give us prices?
From 12k THB for pure wool. Please check their website for a detailed price list.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:22 am

It's a scam !

Hi

I had the same problem with Jack LALWANI, owner of MONET IL SARTO Tailor in Bangkok.

I have been waiting for my order for months... In the past, I had been a regular customer, so i never thought he would play me that kind of trick.

DO NOT ORDER FROM HIM.

You should also check this report:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/jack-lal...ther-2000d.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.