Thailand Forum Lounge-Thread: Thai News & Open Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aBroadAbroad
This thread is for Thailand news/events and general discussion. It is meant to reduce clutter in the main forum. If you notice a topic here that deserves its own thread, please alert a moderator.

READ FIRST: Thailand Lounge-Thread Guidelines

• This thread is subject to the general FlyerTalk Rules and will be moderated accordingly.

• Like all FT Forum Lounges, this thread provides a place for members to engage in off-topic discussion. Please be reminded, however, that this is not OMNI or OMNI/PR. Content that strays too far into such controversial areas as politics or religion may be edited, moved or deleted by moderators.

• As always, when challenging other members' viewpoints and opinions, please do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Posts containing personal attacks are unacceptable and will be deleted. Replies to such posts will also be deleted.

• Please alert a moderator to any concerns via the "Report Bad Post" button that appears in the lower left corner of every post.

• Repetitive posting that unnecessarily clutters the thread, or appears to be for the primary purpose of post-padding, is subject to merging or deletion. If you wish to reply to several prior posts, please use the multi-quote function to create a single response.

Special thanks to FlyerTalker Kalboz for launching the original Thai News & Open Discussion lounge back in 2009!
Print Wikipost

Thailand Forum Lounge-Thread: Thai News & Open Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2022, 9:25 pm

I'm still having lots of success with Capital One Venture X, even in the True i-service app for topping up remotely. (verified by visa page actually works, with a code sent to my phone that you enter on the verified by visa page all within the true i-service app). Cap One works even better than citibank cards now.

For in person transactions outside of Bangkok and resort areas, like where Yanisa's family lives, we often have to use a Citibank card in person with some smaller merchants. We're flexible

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 12, 2022 at 9:32 pm
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by estnet
It's b/c (at least in Thailand) they use a form of verification (OTOP) that apparently some US cards just don't do.
In contrast, my schwab debit card always works everywhere and it doesn't need an OTP, heck even my thai cards rarely require an OTP anymore.

I just think chase has a shyte/non-standard 3ds implementation that just doesn't play nicely with non-US or North American systems.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:09 am

Update,

Food panda no longer working with Cap One Venture X, but works with my US based Citibank Credit Card (MasterCard).
Grab seems to accept US based Chase Sapphire Reserve (Visa) in settings.
True i-service continues to work for top-ups with my US based Cap One Venture X (verified by visa pop up and phone-based OTP on the phone, sp that has to work with a number you have registered with Cap One)

YMMV,

-David
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:49 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Our Capital One CC works fine on the GrabFood app - never tried it on the GrabCar though
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:56 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Our Capital One CC works fine on the GrabFood app - never tried it on the GrabCar though
Grab is one integrated app nowadays, so if it works for one product it works for all
Kalboz and BinSabai like this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
CNN needs some lessons in geography

kevino, Kalboz, MichielR and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 5:16 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
And these idiots are pontificating about the World.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:36 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
CNN strikes again....
Old Jan 5, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
This may (or may not) get interesting...
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...sitors-revived

All visitors to Thailand must show proof of at least two Covid-19 vaccinations under revised rules that coincide with the revival of travel from China, authorities said on Thursday.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by plain
This may (or may not) get interesting...
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...sitors-revived

All visitors to Thailand must show proof of at least two Covid-19 vaccinations under revised rules that coincide with the revival of travel from China, authorities said on Thursday.
This is only being suggested and not written into Law as yet but agree something to watch
Old Jun 21, 2023, 12:33 pm

Currency Exchange

Hi everyone,

I'd like to exchange my Chinese currency for da baht ... any local recommendations?

Thanks,
FFF
Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Presuming you are in Bangkok, Superrich and VASU are the "go to" currency exchange places.
FindingFoodFluency likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:06 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Looks like Central Group is going to be an important player in high end retail in Europe

Central takes control of UK-based Selfridges (bangkokpost.com)

they benefit from financial problems of their Austrian JV partner in Europe and might soon take control of other high end retailers in Germany and Switzerland
Old Nov 16, 2023, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
Looks like Central Group is going to be an important player in high end retail in Europe
They already are, but this sure does help cement their position
BinSabai and Davvidd like this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:27 am

So that's why my eyes are burning today... Can hardly see the opposite side of the river from where I live (and usually you can see way further than that)...

BinSabai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.