Reload this Page >

Bangkok Hotels — General Advice and Discussion [consolidated]

Bangkok Hotels — General Advice and Discussion [consolidated]

Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Kalboz
$2,500/year membership fee for the US-issued AMEX Centurion Card otherwise known as the Black Card
I, and most serious moderate to high end travelers get way more than $2500 of benefits from the Centurion card. It's not for everyone, but you can read about 1000 different threads in the Amex forum on this card.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:20 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok

More here about the upcoming Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok and other planned Hilton properties in Thailand: http://www.thaipr.net/nc/readnews.as...BFE9A5C93D0E60
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
More here about the upcoming Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok and other planned Hilton properties in Thailand: http://www.thaipr.net/nc/readnews.as...BFE9A5C93D0E60
great news
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
IHG to Open Asia/Pacific First 2 Hotel Indigos in Thailand

The Hotel Indigo Bangkok Wireless Road is expected to be completed by the end of 2012. location between the PA and the Conrad (closer to the Conrad).

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news10...nBangkok.shtml

Hotel Indigo Phuket Naithon Beach Resort is expected to open 1 June, 2014.

http://finchannel.com/news_flash/Tra...ent_in_Phuket/
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:51 am

Another new addition to the Thai Capital for the first time is the Okura Hotel (in partnership with the Banyan Tree) which will be located at the corner of Wireless Rd. and Phloenchit (100 meters from the PA) with 2nd floor connection to the BTS station. The hotel will occupy the top floors 23-34 of this Park Ventures ‘Ecoplex on Witthayu’ building. It's scheduled to open in Spring 2012.

http://www.cbre.co.th/en/Park-Ventur...n-Witthayu.asp

http://www.4hoteliers.com/4hots_nshw.php?mwi=8319

http://www.okura.com/hotels/bangkok/index.html

Last edited by Kalboz; Feb 28, 2011 at 2:06 am
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: most of them
It's almost unbelievable that there are enough guests to fill the seeming billions of hotel rooms in Bangkok!

One of the great things about the city is that there are so many upscale hotels competing with each other that rates are quite reasonable by the standards of other places, especially at the independent places.

If I am staying for more than a day or two I usually stay at the Siri Sathorn these days. It is a serviced apartment/hotel run by the same company as the Sukhothai. Big, spacious suites with fully equipped kitchen, free wifi, free breakfast, spa discounts. And they have a laundrette so if you are traveling for a long time that's a nice thing to have access to. Location is on Sala Daeng Soi 1. So, pretty decent for Silom. About 10 minutes walk to BTS and MRT but they also have a free shuttle van. Advanced booking rates for 1 bedroom units around Bt3000. I really like the place a lot. Friendly service as is the norm. But they always remember me when I return which is nice. I like having an apartment.

For me the number one consideration is location. But I have decided that I will branch out a little bit from my usual pattern when I return later this year. I will have a couple of 1-night stays between trips out to other places so I am planning to spend some time out on Sukhumvit instead of my usual Silom/Surawong. Looking forward to maybe staying at the aLoft if they have decent rates in the Nov/Dec time frame...provided it opens this summer as currently scheduled. But I am also looking at the Fraser Suites on Sukhumvit 11 and a few other places in that vicinity.

Last edited by glennaa11; Feb 28, 2011 at 8:02 am
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:40 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
The hotel will occupy the top floors 23-34 of this Park Ventures ‘Ecoplex on Witthayu’ building. It's scheduled to open in Spring 2012.
Just two floors?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Just two floors?
Floors 23 to 34...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:17 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Floors 23 to 34...
Doh! Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:06 am

I thought I was the only one here with an age-induced Dyslexia

The hotel elevation "map" is here ... the cool thing is the direct access to Phloenchit BTS from its second floor:

http://www.cbre.co.th/en/gallery-enl...ross%20section

Last edited by Kalboz; Mar 1, 2011 at 10:23 am
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Another new addition to the Thai Capital for the first time is the Okura Hotel (in partnership with the Banyan Tree) which will be located at the corner of Wireless Rd. and Phloenchit (100 meters from the PA) with 2nd floor connection to the BTS station. The hotel will occupy the top floors 23-34 of this Park Ventures ‘Ecoplex on Witthayu’ building. It's scheduled to open in Spring 2012.
That must be the big construction site at the corner, you pass by walking from PA to the BTS station. Construction entrances on both Wireless and Phloenchit. It's been there for a while. Kalboz, isn't that within a block of the Hansar? The Okura drawing looks very cool architecturally.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
That must be the big construction site at the corner, you pass by walking from PA to the BTS station. Construction entrances on both Wireless and Phloenchit. It's been there for a while. Kalboz, isn't that within a block of the Hansar? The Okura drawing looks very cool architecturally.
This is definitely a nice addition to the concrete jungle of Sukhumvit.

Yes, it is at the corner of Wireless at Phloenchit BTS station... the building that they have been working on for years now ... since late 2007. The Hansar, on the other hand, is located on a small soi between the Four Seasons and the upcoming St. Regis Hotel by Ratchdamri BTS station (Silom Line). Walking distance between the Okura and the Hansar? Sure, about a good 30-minutes walk because you have to go to Ratchaprasong intersection and turn left by Erawan Shrine and the Hansar's soi is the 2nd to your left.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Holiday Inn Bangkok on Ploenchit currently available to end of April on priority club pointbreaks at 5000 points/night.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Where the machinary is in this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/3820355254/

Originally Posted by ScottieFlyer
Holiday Inn Bangkok on Ploenchit currently available to end of April on priority club pointbreaks at 5000 points/night.
5K PC points = $30
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:37 pm

InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort

InterContinental Hotels Group has signed a management agreement with Thai company, Elite Villa Co., Ltd, to launch the InterContinental Resort brand in Koh Samui, Thailand.

IHG will take over the management of the existing Baan Taling Ngam Resort & Spa, one of the island’s very first luxury resorts.

The popular resort sits atop a cliff amidst coconut plantations and has 300 metres of its own beach frontage along the scenic coast of Taling Ngam. It also offers one of the best panoramic sea views of the National Marine Park and the neighbouring ‘Five Islands’, an image that has been on the front cover of numerous top magazines around the world.

The 79-room resort will close its doors to undergo an extensive refurbishment. More than US$15 million will be invested to upgrade the resort and upon completion. The InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort is projected to open by 1 December 2011.

Vikorn Srivikorn, Managing Director of Elite Villa Co., Ltd, said, “The current property has a great history – it started out as Koh Samui’s first luxury resort and today remains one of the top resorts in the island. The InterContinental brand also has a long and rich heritage, and I believe our future guests will have an experience that combines a great location as well as the services and facilities associated with the InterContinental brand.”

The InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort will be the brand’s second resort in Thailand, joining the very impressive InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, which opened in 2009.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.