Reload this Page >

Tiger Temple

Tiger Temple

Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
2000 animals (not tigers) at Tiger Temple are starving

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...emple-starving
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:34 pm

When I went there before I think I made a mistake but it was understandable since that is my first time. I ride a bus from mo chit station to Kanchanaburi and then I hired a cab to drive me to the Tiger temple. But what's crazy is I told the driver to wait for me and return me to the station. It was horrible because I was charged big time. Oh well, my mistake.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tiger tourism expands despite temple raid

The tiger tourism business is booming and the captive tiger population is growing fast, experts say, more than two months after Thai wildlife authorities found 40 dead cubs while rescuing animals from the popular Tiger Temple.

Animal rights activists called on tourists to shun Thai animal attractions, which they say are cruel and should be shut down, after the Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi province, west of Bangkok, closed in June.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/in...te-temple-raid
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TIGER TEMPLE TO REOPEN 9 MONTHS AFTER RAID

BANGKOK — Armed with a zoo permit and a brand new set of tigers, the people behind the infamous Tiger Temple plan to reopen for business in March.

Eight months after officials raided and shut down the temple, where they discovered a grotesque operation where tiger parts were harvested for magic amulets and energy drinks, a new zoo is set to open right nearby under a different name in March. Meanwhile a criminal case against those operating the temple on trafficking charges appears to be going nowhere.

Adisorn Noochdamrong, a national park official who led the June raid on the so-called Tiger Temple, said the project is perfectly legal, as the zoo was registered two months before the police operation began.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/c...9-months-raid/
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: EK Pleb
In July last year, following the removal of the tigers from the temple,it was reported that the temple had massively encroached on forestry land and that the government had used Sec. 44 to reclaim the land and ordering many structures to be demolished. So how come they have managed to build a zoo on the land which was supposedly taken back?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/...k-illegal-land
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Oldtiger
In July last year, following the removal of the tigers from the temple,it was reported that the temple had massively encroached on forestry land and that the government had used Sec. 44 to reclaim the land and ordering many structures to be demolished. So how come they have managed to build a zoo on the land which was supposedly taken back?
I didn't see anything which indicated to me that the new temple is located on the same land which was taken back.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: EK Pleb
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I didn't see anything which indicated to me that the new temple is located on the same land which was taken back.
Quite correct....no one mentioned anything about a new temple... just a new large zoo complex which is due to open shortly and has been built on forestry land next to the so called 'Tiger Temple'.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/...emple-charged/

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...afficking-zoo/

Last edited by Oldtiger; Feb 26, 2017 at 3:02 am
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully, they'll keep the pickled tiger cubs out of view of the children.

‘TIGER TEMPLE’ TO REOPEN AS TIGER ZOO

KANCHANABURI — Thailand’s most infamous tiger petting zoo may not have used up its nine lives when it was raided and shut down following gruesome discoveries two years ago.

Though closure of the so-called Tiger Temple was hailed as a victory for wildlife protection, national park officials and the head of an animal welfare organization confirmed it will reopen this month – with 24 new tigers.

After the temple was raided in June 2016, the park has continued operating, albeit housing only a 100-or-so underfed animals. But this month, the temple will import more tigers for their attractions – this time, in a zoo.

?Tiger Temple? to Reopen as Tiger Zoo
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by transpac
Hopefully, they'll keep the pickled tiger cubs out of view of the children.

‘TIGER TEMPLE’ TO REOPEN AS TIGER ZOO

KANCHANABURI — Thailand’s most infamous tiger petting zoo may not have used up its nine lives when it was raided and shut down following gruesome discoveries two years ago.

Though closure of the so-called Tiger Temple was hailed as a victory for wildlife protection, national park officials and the head of an animal welfare organization confirmed it will reopen this month – with 24 new tigers.

After the temple was raided in June 2016, the park has continued operating, albeit housing only a 100-or-so underfed animals. But this month, the temple will import more tigers for their attractions – this time, in a zoo.

?Tiger Temple? to Reopen as Tiger Zoo
I'm a bad person as I loved the cubs and paid to spend an hour with them years ago.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I went to the Tiger Kingdom a few days ago near CNX. The tigers looked to be well care for on my visit. They had a good number of tigers even some white ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.