Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please provide suggestions on 8 nights itinerary from jun 23

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Please provide suggestions on 8 nights itinerary from jun 23

So, we are a married couple landing in from New Delhi (India) at 6 Pm at BKK airport and have planned following itinerary after seeking some suggestions from friends.

23th June Sunday Day 1
Check in at a hotel in Bangkok (Thinking about booking anything under $200/night, Le meridian, Grand Hyatt etc)... Open to suggestions... Heard, we should stay in sukhumvit area in Bangkok. I am very much open to suggestions for hotel and area.

24th June Monday Day 2
Stay in Bangkok, shop around... we aren't bring much clothes as well, since everyone says Bangkok is a place to shop. Open to suggestions on what else should be visited in Bangkok on day 2.

25th June Tuesday Day 3
Plan to check out hotel and go to Pattaya and reach around 3 Pm or so, depending upon the time we wake up.

26th June Wednesday Day 4
Stay in Pattaya and visit coral island.

27th June Thursday day 5
Take a flight to Koh Samui from Bangkok, So basically waking up in Pattaya and then to bangkok and end up in Koh Samui.

28th June Friday day 6
Stay in Koh Samui, explore beaches.

29th June Saturday day 7
Return to Bangok and check in. into a hotel...

30th June Sunday day 8
Stay in Bangkok

1st July monday
Early morning flight to delhi...

few questions
a) Hotel recommendations are very important in Pattaya and Koh Samui, we would like to get it at the beach but limited budget... basicaly, check in to High end hotel for first 2 nights in Bangkok and then decent hotels for rest of the trip.

b) Return flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui is around 4000 Thai baht, which is a combination of flight and ferry but direct flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui is aorun 8000 baht. I want to do the fly'n'ferry thing but please still suggest.

c) This is not a confirmed thing and nothing has been booking other than flight to and from Delhi, so please suggest any changes/additions.

Thanks alot in advance.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I can't give you any information about Samui nor Pattaya as the former I don't care for and the latter I won't go to. I'm not a shopper either so I'll leave that to others....

In regards to the flight and ferry I believe that both FD (Air Asia) and DD (Nok) have this service but they both fly out of the other airport: DMK.

My preference sides with DD but you're better off working the schedule and seeing which fits better with your needs.

If you've never been to Bangkok before then Sukhumvit is central for shopping. For first timers the river tends to be an excellent place to stay as you begin to feel out the city however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.