Wiki Posts
Search

Need some suggestions for booking hyd-bkk trip for my parents

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Need some suggestions for booking hyd-bkk trip for my parents

Hello All,

Need some inputs/suggestions for booling hyd-bkk flight and 4 days(may 30-June 3) stay in bkk for my parents as I just want to it to be a gift for them for my dad's 60th bday.

I have checked there is only thai airways from hyd-bkk and it is coming to 40k INR and would need some suggestions as to book some hotels

holiday inn - 26k incl. bfst
courtyard by marriott- 32k incl. bfst
novotel platinum- 24k incl. bfst

or will it be better if i book flight+hotel combo for them

which are good for them as they will do day trips to phuket and pataya.

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:51 pm

why would you send them to BKK, instead plan for Angkor Wat Cambodia.
also what help do you need, you have miles hotel points you want to use or just money?
if money search on kayak or any other aggregate service and book the rate you want...
if miles or hotel points then folks here can help on you best route, value etc.,
put as much details as you can in terms of miles and hotels points you have...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

I will be using only money no points.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:51 pm

I converted your INR rates to USD and your prices for 4 nights of hotel in BKK seem outrageous. Bangkok is one of the cheapest cities in the world. A great site to view available hotels in BKK is www.agoda.com

Also $7XX from India to BKK? That also seems very very high. You can fly round trip from New York for $980 sometimes. Are they closer to any other airports? AirAsia always has phenominal deals for flights within asia. Signup for their mailings and sometimes you can get flights for $0! Just pay tax. Happy searching!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:53 pm

As someone who has spent over 5 summers in SE Asia, I would HIGHLY suggest Bangkok over Cambodia. They don't call it "Amazing Thailand" for nothing. Cambodia, though a great place to visit and very interesting, isn't quite as "Amazing".
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Ryan for your inputs.

I wanted them to fly direct from hyd so the 700$ is for both of them together and hotel is also for 500$ for four nights I know it is on higher side but just wanted to give them a good trip.

I checked these prices on agoda only.

Originally Posted by SzatRyan
I converted your INR rates to USD and your prices for 4 nights of hotel in BKK seem outrageous. Bangkok is one of the cheapest cities in the world. A great site to view available hotels in BKK is www.agoda.com

Also $7XX from India to BKK? That also seems very very high. You can fly round trip from New York for $980 sometimes. Are they closer to any other airports? AirAsia always has phenominal deals for flights within asia. Signup for their mailings and sometimes you can get flights for $0! Just pay tax. Happy searching!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by udaykiran82
which are good for them as they will do day trips to phuket and pataya.
Aside from the hotel deals (yes, you're being ripped off, look for different brands, especially non-Western local ones- $80 USD a day should get you really nice places), Phuket as a day trip from Bangkok is unreasonable, unless you don't like your parents, or you plan on buying them plane tickets to fly in and out on the same day. 12 hour bus ride.

Pattaya isn't a bad day trip in terms of distance, but it's kind of seedy. You might consider Hua Hin if you want your parents to go to the beach.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by udaykiran82
I will be using only money no points.
Not MB worthy since OP is using cash. Moving to Thailand forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.