Wiki Posts
Search

International to Domestic with Duty Free @ BKK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
International to Domestic with Duty Free @ BKK

Originally posted on the Thai Airways ROP part of the forum, but thought it may be better posted here.

Never been to Thailand, but I've been told that good wine is very expensive, so would like to use the family of 4 duty free allowance to bring 4 litres of good wine into the country. Unlike in the UK and Australia for example, according to IATA the duty free alcohol (and tobacco) allowance in Thailand is irrespective of age.

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/TH-T...ns-details.htm

I'm soon flying CDG-BKK-USM and will buy the wine in CDG. However, what happens when I transit from BKK international terminal to BKK domestic terminal to catch the flight to USM? Do I have to clear security again?

Will the wine be confiscated because it's more than 100 ml liquids, or will it be OK? I can't check the stuff into the hold.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
You do realize that cross postings is frowned upon.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:02 am

cannot

You will not be able to hand carry your wine-it will be confiscated if you go thru BKK immigration and onward to a domestic connection going thru domestic security. You will have to get your checked bags so I suggest you put the wine in them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.