Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Silom Road

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Novotel Silom Road

Hi I am staying at this hotel in a few weeks just for the night before heading back to the airport. What is the best way to get to the airport from here? I know its near some BTS stations but what is the best way? Also I know Pat Pong is close by are there are alot of food carts within walking distance of the hotel too?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hi I am staying at this hotel in a few weeks just for the night before heading back to the airport. What is the best way to get to the airport from here? I know its near some BTS stations but what is the best way? Also I know Pat Pong is close by are there are alot of food carts within walking distance of the hotel too?
Taxi is the best way. Nearest BTS station is Surasak and that's quite a walk away (15 mins) on Sathorn Rd.

Patpong is not really walking distance away, especially in the heat - expect a 15-20 minute walk. Better way is to take a bus down Silom Rd - fare is 11-12 baht. Google maps will give you a list of buses

As to food, this is Silom - lots of eating opportunities. During the daytime, there's a openair food court behind Silom - out of hotel - walk to left. Directly opposite Holiday Inn, enter lane left. At night, there's a lot of food street vendors on Charoen Krung (ask hotel for directions - 10 minute walk) plus an openair market next to Robinsons on Charoen Krung too.

Last edited by tide; Jul 11, 2012 at 3:08 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
TAXI !!

It won't break the bank, and the BTS stations amay be close(ish) but they're not close enough to make them a comfortable walk - especially with bags.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
TAXI !!

It won't break the bank, and the BTS stations amay be close(ish) but they're not close enough to make them a comfortable walk - especially with bags.
I hate the thought of having to tow around luggage on the streets on Bangkok around on Sukumvit. I see it everyday though.

Taxi definitely is the best option.

Just make sure he uses the meter and doesn't give you some ridiculous flat rate like 500thb to the airport.

You could always taxi to the BTS and do both if you really wanted to figure out the joys of public transportation in BKK.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:33 am

well you can take a taxi to payathai bts station and from there take the airport link which will take 15 minutes to go to airport. Express train to airport
Old Jul 20, 2012, 5:26 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by travisn
well you can take a taxi to payathai bts station and from there take the airport link which will take 15 minutes to go to airport. Express train to airport
But, you might just have to wait 20-25 minutes for the next express. Add the taxi time from Silom to PhayaThai and it , makes it a slower journey from start to finish.

I agree take a taxi.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Taxi every time. Even Bangkok experts tend to take a taxi from the airport rather than mess around with the train. The cost is reasonable and after a long haul flight it really isn't worth the hassle.

Just make sure you have some small denomination notes on you in case the taxi driver pulls the "no change" trick when you give him a BHT 1000 note. Just buy a bottle of water at an airport shop to split a large note.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.