Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK passport control- how is it now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:21 am
Original Poster

I've seen a number of articles and heard a number of stories regarding immigration/ passport control at BKK, including this lengthy Yahoo! guide, and I was wondering how are the lines now? Going to be traveling there tomorrow so would be nice to know what to expect and more importantly how much time to give when exiting the country.

Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't know if anything's changed since I was there in January, but it took my husband almost 2 hours to get through. I was waiting for him on the other side and it was complete chaos. That was around 11pm when it seemed a lot of Intl flights arrived at the same time.
There is a special queue for First class customers -- make sure they give you the special pass on the plane.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: A few.

Flew through 4 times in May. I saw no problems at all. 2 flights however were night flights. If you are flying business ask for express lane passes but even though I used it there was no need as lines were very light.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Precision1
Flew through 4 times in May. I saw no problems at all. 2 flights however were night flights. If you are flying business ask for express lane passes but even though I used it there was no need as lines were very light.
Me too. 6 times - 5 mins each. Best I've ever seen it. They even had personnel out front guiding you to the shortest line. wj
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately going to be arriving at around 2:30pm, and flying in coach. Precision and whackyjacky - when did you guys travel to BKK?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by CX HK
Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately going to be arriving at around 2:30pm, and flying in coach. Precision and whackyjacky - when did you guys travel to BKK?
Mid April to mid May. Went through immigration, morning, afternoon, and evening.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Saturday, 9 June arrival approx. 6:30 p.m. Snake lines have now been installed, so no more penalties (or at least greatly reduced penalties) for selecting the wrong line. Just under 15 minutes in the snake line, then another 5 in the individual Immigration booth line. There is a staff member at the head of the snake line controlling flow and directing pax to the individual lines.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: A few.
Two of my flights were late one at 11pm and one at 12.35 am and two were day. around 2.30. No problems either time. airport was very organised and as said before theye even had hosts directing you.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
My immigration arrival this past April was the fastest experience of 13 years of visiting Thailand, 2 to 3 times a year; the departure experience was quite quick as well.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:03 pm

Arrival on 5 June around 3:30PM - no line whatsoever. Departure on 9 June at 1030AM, a breeze...
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Any more recent updates? Arriving at 06:40 a.m. on Thai Air from DXB. I'm thinking about buying the BFS Fast Track package.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Any more recent updates? Arriving at 06:40 a.m. on Thai Air from DXB. I'm thinking about buying the BFS Fast Track package.
Forgot to update - but no more than a 3 minute wait for arrival and departure at BKK; seems like the problem has been fixed! Thanks for the replies.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:32 am

Arrived in BKK twice last month (3PM and 730PM) and once (730PM) this month. A BREEZE.

Last edited by broadwayboy; Jul 4, 2012 at 10:37 am
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
seems like the problem has been fixed! Thanks for the replies.
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Arrived in BKK twice last month (3PM and 730PM) and once (730PM) this month. A BREEZE.
The 'fix' is simply less pax arriving/departing. The only way in which we'll have any idea if the huge lines have been adequately dealt with is with the commencement of tourist season later this year.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:46 pm

Arrived at 0010 on the morning of Saturday June 30. Lots of flights arriving at that hour and wait was probably around the same in both immigration concourses as lots of passengers were being bussed in. Around maybe 20 minutes total ? However, the line then got really long with more flights coming in.

Exit immigration at 1415 on Tuesday July 3. Went through central immigration concourse where you now go up the escalator to security first (large area) before proceeding back downstairs to the original immigration area. Total wait at immigration was around 15 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.