Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Safari World and Marine Park Bangkok -current price + review ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months

Hi

Has anyone gone to Safari World and Marine Park Bangkok lately,

Just wondering how it is to take some Thai 8 year old boys and a Thai 14 year old boy, plus a Thai adult and me

Is it a full day if we get there early when it opens ?

And how much are tickets for the kids , the Thai adult and me ,
I read a few reports on google that it was better to buy the tickets from a BKK travel agent for less Baht,

there are no prices on the official website,

are there activities that are not included in the ticket price ? The go karts at Dream World were extra but FUN !

We had a good time at Dream world last month and I am thinking of taking them here next ,

Thank You for the info

SR

Last edited by soarer; Apr 17, 2012 at 4:51 pm
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:13 am

I can check my ticket stubs in 8 to 22 hours from now to see how much I paid when I was there a couple years ago.

Off the top of my head, I believe we had to pay a little extra to take Safari World's bus on the actual safari since we came by taxi.

But going by my bad memory, the only extras after you bought all of your tickets or whatever was food for animals, food for yourself and I think we tipped for the baby tiger photos.

They have a VERY structured show schedule, but I kinda like how they organized it.

Have you ever been to Safari World?
piyush likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:01 am
Original Poster

No I have not been to Safari World yet ,

I have been to San Diego Zoo and Sea World but I do not expect these to be as good ,

But its really not for me , its to have a fun day out for the kids .

That was the same as Dream World , they had fun , I had fun but it does not compare to Disneyland etc which they will probably never go to anyway !

SR
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:01 am

My ticket stub from 2007 says 700 baht. I'm a white foreigner adult. My credit card receipt shows 1130 baht charged, so perhaps a Thai adult cost 400 baht? I see it was 20 baht per person to ride their bus around the safari since we came by taxi and did not have a car.

I can't believe it's been nearly 5 years since I have been there!

Like I said, when I was there the day was highly structured. They have live action shows. So basically there are maybe 6 shows during the day. The way it is laid out is that you see a live action show. When it is over, you walk to the next show. While walking to the next show you are walking through the zoo exhibits. It's actually quite clever since it forces you through the zoo in order to get to the next live action show.

A person could always skip the shows and just browse the zoo exhibits.

Kids will love this place. I'm a big zoo fan and I enjoyed it. Even though I live in Omaha, home to one of the best zoos, I still saw many interesting things at Safari World. The safari part was super cool. I had only seen stuff like that on TV. I will admit, I was a bit scared when we drove through the tigers and lions. Afterall, TiT!!

I believe they have added at least one new attraction to the place since I have been there, and the prices possibly have increased. I really enjoyed it and it is something a little different to do in Bangkok.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks......the price sounds about right , we will have to check and see if there are discount tickets available ,

You always wonder when there are NO prices on the website, At Dream World the prices were in THAI numbers so stupid tourists would not know there was double pricing !

Thanks again
Soarer
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:31 am

Yeah, their website was a bit lacking. At least they could give you some hours and schedule of the shows. I would suggest getting there before lunch so you can see all the shows. I missed out on several of the shows since we arrived after lunch. We stayed until the place closed and it wasn't so easy finding a taxi to take us home. That easily could have changed in the past 4-5 years since Bangkok has such a high rate of development.

How was Dream World? Is it fun for an adult? Did everything look safe to you?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Dream World was fun and the rides looked safe

I chickened out on the big rides , but the kids loved them

If you take any of the water rides you will get wet ,

The GoKarts were 120 baht for falangs 80 baht for Thais,
It was fun not hi tech , just old carts, bumper cars were fun too

If you expect Disneyland you will be disappointed , it more like an old middle size town fun fair built in the 70s

It was 220 baht taxi ride from MoChit BTS but you can get a minivan from Victory Monument

No idea how much it cost , I think less than 2000 baht for the 6 of us,
Food was cheap, can of Pepsi 20 baht, bottled water 15 baht,

Hope that helps

Soarer
Old May 1, 2012, 10:09 am

Safari World & Marine Park

We went in late Feb. When you drive up the rates (local & farang) are posted in English. I anticipate that since you're w/ a Thai that they will charge you local rates. They were ready to charge us the "farang" rate b/c my husband & father in law were sitting in the front. I rolled down the back passenger window, smiled and said the number of tix in Thai. That's the extent of my Thai. Attendant very friendly and only charged us all local price. I can't recall the prices exactly but if you're paying local it should not be prohibitive. Have your friend call and ask. This is the number on their brochure/handout 02-914-4100-19. We've gone 2x. First time - lost for a long time getting there so only did Safari drive. Second time we went we did Safari World & Marine Park. We left downtown BKK after rush hour on a Fri. Park was busy but not crowded. We left by 3 p.m. to avoid being stuck in traffic. Once you enter you can do the safari drive first. Avg 20-25 min drive incl. stopping to take pictures. Then park & do the rest of the park. I would look at the scheduled shows and figure out what your "must see" events would be. Then coordinate. The shows are staggered. You don't have to pay extra to see the shows. Suggest you pack a lunch/snacks/water. The dining area was not open when we were there. Feeding the giraffes was a highlight. Bring money to pay for their feed (~$20-40THB per bucket). Sorry I can't remember the exact cost but wasn't expensive. Hope this helps. Have fun!
Old May 1, 2012, 10:37 am

Safari World & Marine Park

I forgot to mention - we loved it. Amazing to see animals up close on the safari drive. We saw the dolphin show which was pretty impressive. Not like Sea World but still pretty awesome. Other family members saw the elephant show and liked it (put aside how you feel about elephants for entertainment etc). The Spy War Zone was very loud and they don't recommend for youngsters. I think 8 yr old boys will love it. The pyrotechnic and blasts were pretty cool. If you sit in front row towards right of stage you will most likely get splashed during the water action. It's like a James Bond action mini show in Thai. Audience really into it. Don't expect too much and you'll be pleasantly entertained Enjoyed feeding giraffes the most.

I
Old May 2, 2012, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your review ,

it sounds like fun , but it looks like you need to get there early so you can see everything in one trip.

What would you say are the "don't miss" things ro do there ?
Thanks

Soarer
Old May 2, 2012, 10:48 pm

Yes. You do need to come early if you want to see everything. We had 2 kids so didn't plan on doing everything due to heat, etc. Since you have 8 yr old boys I would suggest drive thru safari park, then check the times for shows. the dolphin show is closest to the entrance so if you get there and can catch it first you get it out of the way. the spy war show, elephants and giraffe feedings are in the same vicinity of each other so we went from spy show to elephant to giraffe feeding. we didn't do the other shows but if we had time i would've done the sea lion and cowboy stunt show. i personally don't care for it but would imagine that boys that age would like the spy war & cowboy stunt shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.